Class of 2025 - QB Rich Belin (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (6/27/24) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 QB Rich Belin (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (6/27/24)

Remain Calm All Is Well GIF

I think Rich will be the best athlete we have had at QB since McNabb. Though Filardi is also a greaa athlete very close to him.

Yes his size is going to limit him and when he is in, you won’t see us running an NFL type offense. He is going to roll out a lot and make the defense make tough choices on RPOs.

You put him in and he can change the offense in a fundamental way right away. If used correctly, he can be a nice weapon for us.

Welcome Rich!

Art Love GIF by Millions
Great athlete - played WR for his brother previously. I love QB athletes like this because if it doesn’t work out at QB being exceptional at another position is a real possibility. Like Kevin Johnson for example.

Rivals Camp today

Expand...
RICH BELIN COMMITTED 6/27/24!!

OFFERED >
RICH BELIN 2025 CARDINAL HAYES HS, BRONX, NY

#3 DUAL THREAT QB, 5' 11" 185/ SOPH - 116 - 213, 1624YDS, 16 TDS
70 CARRIES, 512 YDS,7.3 YDS PC

ASSETS PER HUDL SOPH FILM:

FAST/MOBILE 40 N/A EST 4.4 HIGH
HIGH FB IQ
VERY QUICK
ELUSIVE
SHOWS NICE BALL FAKES THROUGHOUT FILM
THROWS A NICE HIGH ARCHING SPIRAL ON GO ROUTES
CAN DRILL IT WHEN NECESSARY
GOOD FOOTWORK WHEN DROPPING BACK INTO PRO SET
QUICK READS JUDGING WHETHER TO THROW OR RUN
THROWS WELL ON THE RUN
ACCURATE

GREAT GET!

Prolific in-state QB Rich Belin commits to Syracuse

Syracuse football added its second quarterback of the class when in-state recruit Rich Belin committed.

BRIAN DOHN2 hrs0

Rich Belin was patient and he trusted his ability. It led to his first Power Four offer in early June, which eventually led to his commitment Thursday.

The prolific Bronx Cardinal Hayes quarterback is staying in state after announcing his commitment to Syracuse. The 5-foot 11 1/2, 190-pound Belin said everything about the Orange made for an easy decision despite offers from some of the top academic universities in the world.

"The program is on a straight path to success as it is a faith-driven program," Belin said. "Being that I grew up in the church it is amazing to have a head coach (Fran Brown) that not only believes in God but also incorporates it into the whole team.

Even for the ones that do not believe in God, understanding that there is something bigger than yourself is the key to succeeding in life."

Part of the Syracuse makeover involves former NFL assistant coach Jeff Nixon running the offense.

"The offensive system is modeled after an NFL system because coach Nixon is a former coach in the league," Belin said. "It is extremely quarterback friendly as the game plan changes and adjusts to whoever is running the show.

"It is vital in today's game to be able to do different things and Syracuse has the ability to do just that."

Belin began his high school career as a receiver, catching passes from his brother, Henry Belin, who now plays at Duke.

Rich Belin became the starting quarterback as a sophomore and had a huge junior season in which he completed 141 of 249 passes for 3,112 yards, 30 touchdowns and four interceptions while running for 1,351 yards and 10 touchdowns. He was the MaxPreps state player of the year.

And the in-family talent does not end there. Brother Blake Belin, a defensive lineman, is in the process of making his college decision and Syracuse is one of the contenders.

"Blake is his own person and I will leave him to make his own decision on his future as he left me to make mine," Rich Belin said. "All our lives we have dreamed and prayed to have this opportunity to play the game we love at the collegiate level.

"I will be praying for my brother as he comes to a close with his decision but I will not be weighing in on where he should go."

Here's everything you need to know:

WHAT RICH BELIN SAYS ABOUT SYRACUSE

"I am blessed to have the opportunity to represent my home state in one of the best leagues in all of college football," Belin said. "I love the environment that Fran Brown has created in his short time being the head coach. Coach Nunzio (Campanile), being the QB coach, also played a huge part in deciding as I have known him since middle school. "

WHO ELSE WAS IN THE MIX?

Belin was a late riser for Syracuse. He was offered in June, scheduled an official visit shortly after that and spent the past weekend on campus. Prior to the Orange, Princeton, Delaware and Yale were making a strong push. However, once Syracuse offered and Belin made his official visit, it became an easy decision to play Power Four football.

WHERE RICH BELIN RANKS AS A RECRUIT

Belin has a 247Sports grade of 85, which makes him the No. 11 player in New York and No. 84 quarterback in the nation. The industry-generated 247Sports Composite has Belin as the No. 1,441 player in the class of 2025.

HOW RICH BELIN FITS WITH SYRACUSE

The Orange are rebuilding the quarterback room, and Belin is the second quarterback in the class and joins Mesquite (Texas) Dallas Christian's Luke Carney. Belin brings a dual threat aspect to the position, but he is a thrower first. He is the 26th member of the class, which ranks No. 21 nationally. The 26 commitments are tops among ACC programs, and Syracuse ranks No. 3 in the league's recruiting classes.

WHAT WE THINK ABOUT RICH BELIN

Andrew Ivins, who is the director of scouting for 247Sports, saw Belin throw at the Elite 11 in State College, Pa., last month.

"Undersized dual-threat quarterback that just makes things happen," Ivins said. "He's an active mover in the pocket that will buy himself chances. More than capable of moving the chains on designed runs. I got a chance to see him throw at one of the Elite 11 camps last month and I thought he got better as the day went on, finishing really strong.

"He can be a bit limited at times by the arm, but will fire some tight spirals and can make off-platform tosses when he's avoiding pressure. He's not going to blow many away with his size, but carries good weight through the lower half. I was a fan of his older brother coming out and have been eager to see what he can do at Duke.

"Really just a football family as dad also played at Vanderbilt. The backyard play style will come with ebbs and flows, but he's someone that I could see finding success in the right environment."

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom