Class of 2025 - QB Rich Belin (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (6/27/24) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 QB Rich Belin (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (6/27/24)

Well, all of film is at QB, and he did win NYS Gatorade player of the year at QB, and he did account for over 40 TD’s as a QB, so yes I think he will be given an opportunity to play QB here. I’ve seen a lot worse QB film than his.
Gives me joe girard of football vibes, elite HS player and definitely a D1 P4 player, but height is an issue for his position to maybe be elite? But I looked at that film… he’s a football player and looks to be a damn good QB. I think he will contribute at some point surely but who knows in what capacity. Love the pickup - dudes just a baller - albeit undersized - and that’s okay!

Excited Kung Fu GIF by DreamWorks Animation

Gives me joe girard of football vibes, elite HS player and definitely a D1 P4 player, but height is an issue for his position to maybe be elite? But I looked at that film… he’s a football player and looks to be a damn good QB. I think he will contribute at some point surely but who knows in what capacity. Love the pickup - dudes just a baller - albeit undersized - and that’s okay!
Yeah I didn’t know what to think considering the offers and the fact he was a WR previously, but watching his film obviously there are things to work on but I do believe the concept that larger schools shied away due to the height is reasonable. He can play.

I believe these guys are Reid Jones, Blake Belin, Jayden Mann and Rich Belin.

I believe Reid is still verballed to UConn. We have offers to the other three.
Never met this coach, but that's a mighty fine name he has!!

If in fact he is 5'11 he's fine. He has a live arm good football IQ seems incredibly elusive and comes across as an intelligent articulate leader. Obviously he was second on our board after Washington still an excellent get by the staff.

Great athlete - played WR for his brother previously. I love QB athletes like this because if it doesn’t work out at QB being exceptional at another position is a real possibility. Like Kevin Johnson for example.
One of my favorite all time receivers

5'11" is short but Flutie was 5"10" so... If the young man has special talents and develops we never know.
A few years ago there was study done on NFL QB's. What they found was that the shorter QB's had thrown less interceptions and batted passes than taller QB's. Not sure if this still holds true (if the study was done again today), but interesting nonetheless

Last edited:
Well, all of film is at QB, and he did win NYS Gatorade player of the year at QB, and he did account for over 40 TD’s as a QB, so yes I think he will be given an opportunity to play QB here. I’ve seen a lot worse QB film than his.
I bet he gets converted to receiver.

I bet he gets converted to receiver.
Seems prime to be a Peña type slot guy and a fail safe at QB. But hey, I’m not willing to write off his QB aspirations after watching that film. Man I love owning NJ/NY. The culture is just so fitting for our city and I think will bring a grittiness to us as a team.

In today college football who knows what this young man will do. He could be anything to QB1 to 3rd team WR and of course transfer if he feels jilted. I'm thrilled to have 3 incoming frosh QB's in this cycle and let their drive and talent decide who plays.

Welcome to the Hill Mr. Belin.

A few years ago there was study done on NFL QB's. What they found was that the shorter QB's had thrown less interceptions and batted passes than taller QB's. Not sure if this still holds true (if the study was done again today), but interesting nonetheless
Drew Brees was an outlier. Guys like Russ and Kyler are too short for the modern game.

It doesn't help Belin that we're recruiting all 6'7" 6'8" OL now

Drew Brees was an outlier. Guys like Russ and Kyler are too short for the modern game.

It wasn't just Drew Brees. It was a survey of all QB's in the league at the time. Maybe we put too much emphasis on height here with little evidence to support it. I don't know. Just relaying what I saw

I would agree when it comes to pro but the college game has allowed shorter QBs to excel whether it’s Dillon Gabriel or Kyler Murray I think the chance to excel is much higher at the collegiate level.

This is fun. FB is stockpiling guys with different abilities to compete for jobs. What's great is that we can just let the cream rise to the top instead of pinning all our hopes on one guy being the next McNabb. If Belin beats out other guys for the job, we know his height doesn't matter. If he doesn't, maybe we get another Kevin Johnson at WR. Anticipating the competition between guys is great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom