Class of 2021 - QB Riley Leonard (AL) Portal from Duke | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Riley Leonard (AL) Portal from Duke

I absolutely LOVE this kid. If we land him, paired with our Dtackle commits, I’ll be elated. Kid reminds me a lot of Dungey... If he has half the heart and grit Dungey does, we’d be blessed.
Yes, a lot of similarities. Good athletes, under the radar, good basketball players. He even kinda looks like Dungey. lol

Riley looks to have all the tools to run our offense!!!
GoOrangeRileyleonardamlf7V3JySns.gif

Kid wears Dungey's #2 in hoops and DeVito's #13 in FB. Foreshadowing! Seriously though, he looks like a competitor and very athletic. Kid has some wiggle to him for that size...and he's got one of those classic QB names. If you name your kid Barney, he's going to be a lineman. Riley Leonard is destined to be a QB.

Brought to us by Tee Martin? Is the board going to be okay with that nugget?
Why hasn’t Tennessee offered is the question? I wonder who Tee Martin has a relationship with at Cuse. I think this is awesome news that our coaches are well thought of that people will pass along names for us

Why hasn’t Tennessee offered is the question? I wonder who Tee Martin has a relationship with at Cuse. I think this is awesome news that our coaches are well thought of that people will pass along names for us
He probably just still feels bad about those “knee pad/pant height” personal fouls & the phantom PI on Will Allen back in ‘98.

I would guess one of the new coaches or Bartow.

i can only assume they’re not taking one this year. They take one every year and snagged 5 star Harrison Bailey last class.

Last edited:
There's about 20 CB's for Kaidon Salter to Tennessee.

Thinks I like about him:
  • He's got excellent touch
  • He is fearless-Not scared of contact
  • He has what I like to call "a little magic"-i.e. an ability to make plays when things break down. You can call it escapability. This is very important for me and something I always look for in a SU QB recruit
  • Very good athlete, maybe seen more in his basketball videos. Is a dual-threat, which makes our Running game more dangerous.
  • Excellent student-Really believe smarts is the most underrated characteristic when it comes to QB. You have to know the Offense cold and make a ton of quick, smart decisions.
  • Room for growth-The same thing that's helped keep his recruitment down a bit gives him a ton of potential for growth. He has only played QB in HS for 1 season and he already has a good feel for the game. Think he can get a lot better.
  • Not gonna lie, like that other good judges of QB talent besides Babers, such as Cutliffe and Frost, offered him. Guys can say they don't care about offers, but it verifies to me what i'm seeing on tape when other good evaluators also see it.

Last edited:
Thinks I like about him:
Very good athlete, maybe seen more in his basketball videos. Is a dual-threat, which makes our Running game more dangerous.
Maybe seen more? His basketball video was really impressive in terms of athleticism. With the acrobatic dunks in transition and the quickness shown on the steals, the kid is without doubt a very good athlete. I didn't really expect to see that when I first opened his basketball highlights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom