QB situation going forward | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

QB situation going forward

2019 finale against Wake when Trill took the ball and scored in OT.

Mahoney put up 61 points in a game. And lost by 2 TDs. That was the best.

Welch's loss was Pitt correct?

Thats the game I remember him playing not sure he started it. Devito played well his last 2 starts of 2019 at Duke and Louisville.

This!

Dino's original offense was designed for a pro style QB; it did not specify a dual threat QB. His original offense was never realized and Dungey saved him for one year with a really nice boost from Devito. Now Babers has changed the O and we have Dungey 2.0, and it is working, so most of us should be very happy.

Welch's loss was Pitt correct?

Thats the game I remember him playing not sure he started it. Devito played well his last 2 starts of 2019 at Duke and Louisville.

Has to be. Leading passer that game. But didn't start the game.

Nassib was the only exception to the rule, but the head coach was a top OL guy.

I guess Philcox too for you old people.
There was no need for that. And I wasn't all that young when Todd was the QB

I thought this was a thread about ‘23 when I clicked. Love when old posts get bumped.

Having GS for one more year makes me feel really good about where we’re at. Not having him, and replacing a significant number of OL as well as RB gives me anxiety.

I’m just going to go ahead and continue to enjoy this season. Which I think is going to finish strong.

I have always thought that we need a qb that can run. We never have great o-lines and the qb that takes the ball, avoids a sack and runs for 6 + yards is the difference for us.
My sentiments exactly. Extend the play!

Feels like “we do better with dual threat QBs that are good” is the reverse “we always struggle with dual threat QBs who are good”

Good dual threat QBs are beneficial to an offense and make life difficult on defense

Also related: hard to find good dual threat QBs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom