Class of 2019 - QB Taulia Tagovailoa (HI/AL) Offered / Transfer from Alabama | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 QB Taulia Tagovailoa (HI/AL) Offered / Transfer from Alabama

June: Taulia Tagovailoa will move to Alabama

Former Kapolei offensive coordinator June Jones said Thursday that record-setting Hurricanes quarterback Taulia Tagovailoa will move to Alabama soon and not return for his junior season.

Jones spoke to Christian Shimabuku of Hawaii Prep World and the Star-Advertiser on Thursday during a journalism class discussion at the University of Hawaii campus. Tagovailoa, a second-team all-state selection, has a scholarship offer from Alabama. His older brother, first-team QB and Star-Advertiser offensive player of the year Tua Tagovailoa, is presently enrolled at the Tuscaloosa campus after graduating early from Saint Louis.

Very interesting here. This kid is a 4* outta Hawaii, says alot to get discovered and get ranked that high given the level of competition there. His older bro is at Bama as a qb this year! And, the family is moving to Alabama to be closer to the older brother. Talk about culture shock: Hawaii to Tuscaloosa;) hope Dino can reel in the younger brother as UH was dinos Alma Mater.

Since the family is moving to Alabama, it wouldnt surprise me that Taulia ends up at Auburn so the whole family is close and the two brothers dont have to compete for the same starting job.

Tua his older brother is nicest kid I ever met
Everyone I've ever met from Hawai'i (granted that's two people) is super nice. Product of growing up in an unbelievable environment.

Everyone I've ever met from Hawai'i (granted that's two people) is super nice. Product of growing up in an unbelievable environment.
Or, maybe they do something to the bad ones.

Unless you are referred to as a haole, then you might want to find someone else. Overall though, very good experiences.

I hope daddy doesn’t smack him around for leaving Alabama. Wonder if the whole family would relocate to Syracuse from Tuscaloosa?

I hope daddy doesn’t smack him around for leaving Alabama. Wonder if the whole family would relocate to Syracuse from Tuscaloosa?
Tua also almost transferred after his Freshman season.

He is most certainly, without a doubt, going to go to a Florida school. Just a matter of which one.

find it slightly odd I guess that the WHOLE family moves together everywhere they go. But maybe I’m the weird one