Class of 2022 - QB Travis Throckmorton (CA) Portal from Oregon State | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 QB Travis Throckmorton (CA) Portal from Oregon State

Before we mock the name Throckmorton, we should understand that the surname Throckmorton was first found in Worcestershire at Throckmorton, a chapelry, in the parish of Fladbury, union of Pershore, Middle division of the hundred of Oswaldslow "where John de Trockemerton, the supposed ancestor of this family, was living about the year 1200. From this John descended, after many generations, another 'John Throkmerton,' who was according to Leland, 'the first settler up of his name to any worship in Throckmerton village."
Some of the family held estates at Weston-Underwood in Buckinghamshire in early times. " In the parish is an ancient [family] seat, now uninhabited, of the Throckmorton family, who have also a neat Roman Catholic chapel here, with a handsome residence for the priest."
With that understanding, I think we can agree "Throckmorton" is not so funny.
Mock the Throck? Parish the thought.

Our company has been using his father‘s company for years – we know where to go whenever we need our Morton throcked.
And yes, I know sometimes the recruit’s family reads this.

Sounds like a medieval English curse;
"What in the bedeviled throckmorton do you think you're doing, you scandalous scallywag"!

"What in the bedeviled throckmorton do you think you're doing, you scandalous scallywag"!

monty python lol GIF

If not for the fact that he is getting a Stanford education, Lamson really made a dumb decision.

He would have played last season. A lot. But supposedly he wasn't content with getting worked in, he thought he should have been given more of a chance to start.
However good move. It did turn out better for SU that he left. If he would have stayed and played a lot here, he would have won us at least one maybe more games which would have secured Dino Babers job. (anyone getting my drift)? "BINGO" There would not have been a Fran Brown hire. Noooooooooooo

However good move. It did turn out better for SU that he left. If he would have stayed and played a lot here, he would have won us at least one maybe more games which would have secured Dino Babers job. (anyone getting my drift)? "BINGO" There would not have been a Fran Brown hire. Noooooooooooo
Once Shrader got hurt it was over for Dino. Lamson wouldn’t even have saved that.

He could have won one game. JW said Dino had to win 7 games to keep his job. We went 6-7 . I can not fathom what it would be like if Fran Brown wasn't here and don't want to. Ty Justin Lamson for transfering .
Lamson would have helped. Remember we lost OG, Pena, Shrader, other WR’s and linemen. Snake bitten. I think Dino was above average but excited too see what Brown can do.

He could have won one game. JW said Dino had to win 7 games to keep his job. We went 6-7 . I can not fathom what it would be like if Fran Brown wasn't here and don't want to. Ty Justin Lamson for transfering .
Yeah if we just had not good QB play against BC instead of inept, we win that game. CDRW had 4 INTs and 37 yards passing and we lost by 7 on a TD with 2:30 to go. Dino didn’t deserve to keep his job, all he cared about was getting to 7, and in the process basically tanked the NC and FSU games. He wasn’t counting on that BC loss, he figured with that game, Pitt and Wake, he would keep his job.

Last edited:
Gentlemen, this is the Throckmorton thread. If you want to reminisce about prior football seasons please take it to the football forum.
I would guess if he is still available at this late date, we have a great chance of getting him.

The visit is surely about him making sure he is going to be comfortable with our team, our offensive scheme, our campus and the majors we offer. But I suspect he is also being vetted this weekend to ensure he is a fit with the staff and the team, specifically regarding team culture.

We should know by this time tomorrow. Probably sooner.

I would guess if he is still available at this late date, we have a great chance of getting him.

My guess is that he is being vetted thi weekend to ensure he is a fit with the staff and the team, specifically regarding team culture.

We should know by this time tomorrow.
There are some tweets out there this past hour from Kelly and Mannicci that could be hints of a commitment from one of the 2025 offered prospects.

Sounds like a Lax bro name.

Are we maybe crootin this kid to play both sports, a la the HS QB?

Or, some type of rare bird.
“I’ve just sighted a western Throckmorton!”

RATS!! toga beat me to the bird quip.

Can't be worse than CDRW or Davis. Its weird both of them are still here but then again I doubt either have anywhere to go.

Regardless of ability we want to go the the 2nd guy as soon as any games out of reach.

Can't be worse than CDRW or Davis. Its weird both of them are still here but then again I doubt either have anywhere to go.

Regardless of ability we want to go the the 2nd guy as soon as any games out of reach.
You can see how gifted CDRW is, but he seems to lack the innate qualities that a top quarterback has, despite his physical gifts.

There are some tweets out there this past hour from Kelly and Mannicci that could be hints of a commitment from one of the 2025 offered prospects.
Would you mind posting their Twitter handles ? I am not familiar with those people.

Would you mind posting their Twitter handles ? I am not familiar with those people.
@AlexKellyCuse
@AMannicciCuse

Kelly is the Canada/Upstate NY/New England Area Scout
Mannicci came with Brown from UGA. He is the Director of Scouting for SU FB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom