Class of 2020 - QB Tyler Van Dyke (CT) Portal from Miami to Wisconsin | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Tyler Van Dyke (CT) Portal from Miami to Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the end of April...it's not plan B time yet. There will be some kid that will blow up this Fall.

I would say when plan A falls through, you move to plan B. Semantics...not saying the next plan will be a worse player. This was a kid the staff seemed to really want.

Who says he was plan A...a recruiting site? I'm sure the staff has multiple options.

Please, tell us who our plan A was, wise one! Let's put it this way, the staff would not have invested the amount of energy they did in Van Dyke if they were not heavily interested.

Not sure why you feel like you need to argue with posters over frivolous things. I didn't bash the kid, his decision, or our coaching staff. I'm more interested in seeing who we seem to turn our attention to.

Please, tell us who our plan A was, wise one! Let's put it this way, the staff would not have invested the amount of energy they did in Van Dyke if they were not heavily interested.

Not sure why you feel like you need to argue with posters over frivolous things. I didn't bash the kid, his decision, or our coaching staff. I'm more interested in seeing who we seem to turn our attention to.
I just think y'all are just over reacting to a kid committing elsewhere this early in the cycle.

The staff has like 5 other legit options that they already have relationships with right now. Recruiting is a dynamic process though. The staff is constantly evaluating and re-evaluating. Give it some time. Their other top targets will emerge soon enough.

I just think y'all are just over reacting to a kid committing elsewhere this early in the cycle.

I wouldn't say I'm overreacting. He was an excellent recruit, worthy of four stars and in our backyard. I think we're going to be fine either way. Maybe other posters are overreacting but I would say that's a mischaracterization of my post.

I would also point that even Dino has said multiple times, the recruiting timeline has rapidly moved up for even just a few years ago.

You seem angry. I find this weird.

I would also point that even Dino has said multiple times, the recruiting timeline has rapidly moved up for even just a few years ago.

I would also point out that the staff has proven they know what they are doing in regards to recruiting. Don't worry about "missing" on a kid in the spring before they play their senior year.

It hasn't moved up that much. Only the early signing date for kids that qualify academically or who decide that they want to sign early.

As of now was one of the better QB options for class

Not happy

But it is what it is

cuse45 Also, if it makes you feel any better, the staff will be considering Van Dyke an option until he actually signs on the dotted line. We got Nunn back to us last year from Miami just last cycle. Things can change. Priorities can change for the teams and kids involved. Worrying too much about kids decision right now isn't worth it.

I'm sure the coaching staff will continue to recruit him. It's a long way from signing day. No one has a clue how Diaz will even be as a HC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom