Class of 2020 - QB Tyler Van Dyke (CT) Portal from Miami to Wisconsin | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Tyler Van Dyke (CT) Portal from Miami to Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commits to Miami and gets immediately upgraded to 4 stars. You can't make this stuff up. lol
This isn't insider information, so will post what I typed yesterday on TOS when the rumors of him going to Miami started to come out.
MikeMcAllister said... (original post)
I have no idea what happened. Still working on details.
orangepassion said... (original post)
Maybe he wanted to become a 4-star :0

This isn't insider information, so will post what I typed yesterday on TOS when the rumors of him going to Miami started to come out.
MikeMcAllister said... (original post)
I have no idea what happened. Still working on details.

Its an absolute joke.

I mean you can say what you want about us "over reacting" but the matter of the fact is we seemingly got sniped for a player by a conference opponent. I dont see how i can just non-chalantly say "onto the next one" in a situation such as this.

edit- clearly he didnt like us as much if baseball kept him from visiting us but not going down to miami

I mean you can say what you want about us "over reacting" but the matter of the fact is we seemingly got sniped for a player by a conference opponent. I dont see how i can just non-chalantly say "onto the next one" in a situation such as this.

edit- clearly he didnt like us as much if baseball kept him from visiting us but not going down to miami

We sniped a player from Clemson last year.

Welcome to recruiting.

Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. Sometimes it rains.

We sniped a player from Clemson last year.

Welcome to recruiting.

Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. Sometimes it rains.

So am i just supposed to be apathetic whenever a recruit i like seemingly radnomly flips to miami out of nowhere?

The point is that he was treated badly by the Miami coaching staff. And there is a reason that Nunn Decommitted from Miami also.

“Treated badly” = staff stopped communicating...it’s a way to drop unwanted recruits from a class. All programs “drop” recruits.

Nunn is very impressionable...kid committed and decomitted a couple of weeks later. There’s no link between Nunn and Munoz.

Nunn is a dog...he will be a very good player for you guys. Munoz is project...nobody in Miami was sad when he was dropped .

“Treated badly” = staff stopped communicating...it’s a way to drop unwanted recruits from a class. All programs “drop” recruits.

Nunn is very impressionable...kid committed and decomitted a couple of weeks later. There’s no link between Nunn and Munoz.

Nunn is a dog...he will be a very good player for you guys. Munoz is project...nobody in Miami was sad when he was dropped .
Yes. And All coaches lie too. Still doesn't mean that he wasn't treated badly. Stopping communication isn't a good look and isn't professional. Just because "everybody" does it doesn't make it right.

And I always prefer to wait and see how a kid develops before making predictions on how they will preform on the field.

So am i just supposed to be apathetic whenever a recruit i like seemingly radnomly flips to miami out of nowhere?
Yes, because getting upset will change nothing. The recruit doesn't have any clue who you are, and could not care less about what you want.
I mentioned it earlier, but I'll say it again. We have a long way to go before we can expect to beat Miami for recruits. We'll get a few here and there, but when a kid has NFL aspirations...sorry...he's likely picking the school that has had 22 players drafted in 4 years, to our 3 players drafted in 4 years. Our 3 were 7th round picks, and 1 was a punter.
One 10-3 season does not change the perception of recruits much. String together 3 or 4 8+ win seasons, and we'll start beating Miami for more recruits, but we will never out recruit them.

Last edited:
Yes. Getting upset will have ZERO impact on his choice.

Cool. I’ll guess I’ll just stop posting about my thoughts on recruits since it doesn’t really matter if they come here or not.

I don't think anyone suggested you shouldn't post. That's an awfully big jump just because people disagree with your take.
Sounds a bit dramatic.

All I’m trying to say is there is nothing wrong with being upset that we got basically sidestepped for a recruit by a conference opponent. You are saying it’s pointless since it has no effect on them commitimg. So if that’s true then what’s the point of worrying about any recruits and if they commit

All I’m trying to say is there is nothing wrong with being upset that we got basically sidestepped for a recruit by a conference opponent. You are saying it’s pointless since it has no effect on them commitimg. So if that’s true then what’s the point of worrying about any recruits and if they commit
Now you're getting it.

SUball

And yet, some do. Sometimes, in our favor (as noted earlier in this thread). This kid is 2020, remember...
I understand what year he is. I don’t see what’s wrong with wanting to actually get a commit early and not have to hope you can flip them. I’m a simple person who just likes seeing commits. Especially when we seemingly take the longest time to get them.

Honestly, I'm hurt and a little put off because I wasted two good gif's on this thread.

200w (4).gif

For a QB from Florida, yes, I get it, it might make sense to go to UM over Syracuse. For a QB from the Northeast? It only makes sense if the recruit's top priority is girls in bikinis.

Coker

7–6

3–5

4th Coastal

W MPC Computers

Randy Shannon (ACC) (2007–2010)

Shannon

5–7

2–6

5th Coastal

Shannon

7–6

4–4

3rd Coastal

L Emerald

Shannon

9–4

5–3

3rd Coastal

L Champs Sports

Shannon

7–6

5–3

2nd Coastal

L Sun

Al Golden (ACC) (2011–October 25, 2015)

Golden

6–6

3–5

T-4th Coastal

Self-imposed ban

Golden

7–5

5–3

T-1st Coastal

Self-imposed ban

Golden

9–4

5–3

T-2nd Coastal

L Russell Athletic

Golden

6–7

3–5

T-5th Coastal

LIndependence

Golden (fired 10/25), Larry Scott (Interim)

8–5

5–3

3rd Coastal

L Sun

Mark Richt (ACC) (2016–present)

Richt

9–4

5–3

T-2nd Coastal

W Russell Athletic

Richt

10–3

7–1

1st Coastal

L Orange Bowl

Richt

7-6

4-4

I would say that's the only priority of a 17 year old heterosexual male. But I'm sure we can find plenty of coeds at Syracuse that can throw on a bikini with the best of them.

Last edited:
I understand what year he is. I don’t see what’s wrong with wanting to actually get a commit early and not have to hope you can flip them. I’m a simple person who just likes seeing commits. Especially when we seemingly take the longest time to get them.
Well, unfortunately, that's not how recruiting works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom