Quade Green to Washington | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Quade Green to Washington

We are not targeting green so if this happened 3 years ago your post would make sense. We also didn’t offer Naz Carter or Hamier Wright. So it’s still just Nate Roberts.

Sometimes players arent offered because a coach lacks confidence he can close them(and/or is handcuffed a bit by lack of scholarships). It doesnt mean a coach/team doesnt want them. Hop doesnt seem lacking in confidence.

To be clear, I was not one of the folks who wanted JB run out of town either. I like both of these coaches for what they do well.

While I'm at it, I got hammered a lot about no players from the East wanting to go all the way to the West coast to play, especially when it wasn't even nice weather like California. I'm happy Hop didnt take advice from the recruiting side of this board...in similar manner to the way certain Syracuse.com writers( I wont mention any names, as I dont want to upset anyone too much) are said to monetize some of our posts.

While I'm at it, I got hammered a lot about no players from the East wanting to go all the way to the West coast to play, especially when it wasn't even nice weather like California. I'm happy Hop didnt take advice from the recruiting side of this board...the way certain Syracuse.com writers monetize some of our posts.

I was one of them(though I wouldn’t hammer you, just was disagreeing) and I will eat that L if it continues beyond guys he was already recruiting at Cuse(has it? I don’t think it has but could be wrong).

I recall thinking he could get someone he already had a relationship with from recruiting them at Cuse, but would be surprised if he continued to bring in new targets from the East that we want.

Sometimes players arent offered because a coach lacks confidence he can close them(and/or is handcuffed a bit by lack of scholarships). It doesnt mean a coach/team doesnt want them. Hop doesnt seem lacking in confidence.

To be clear, I was not one of the folks who wanted JB run out of town either. I like both of these coaches for what they do well.
I feel that not going after Quade is probably due to the fact we have 5 guards next year. 6 if you include Hughes and less to do with Boeheim not having any confidence in himself

“For now. But he’ll come around.” - Gus Fring

In all seriousness it may be 100% what you say it is right now. And maybe it always will be. But you never know. Sometimes things change.
You never want to be the guy that replaces the legend.
You want to be the guy that replaces the guy who replaced the legend.

It’s rare to workout. Jimbo Fisher really is the best example of a guy who replaced a real legend.

I feel that not going after Quade is probably due to the fact we have 5 guards next year. 6 if you include Hughes and less to do with Boeheim not having any confidence in himself

I didnt mean for this example. I already explained this in years past with some of those other targets you mentioned that were painted out to be guys we wouldnt want on our team.

Sincerely, I suppose Ive learned it would benefit me to be much more obtuse with my language in the future for those who concentrate more on the letter than understanding the spirit, if that makes sense.

I didnt mean for this example. I already explained this in years past with some of those other targets you mentioned that were painted out to be guys we wouldnt want on our team.

Sincerely, I suppose Ive learned it would benefit me to be much more obtuse with my language in the future for those who concentrate more on the letter than understanding the spirit, if that makes sense.
Your heart is always in a good place the way I see it.

Plan A, man. That thing zigged when I thought it would zag, like, a bunch of times.

“For now. But he’ll come around.” - Gus Fring

In all seriousness it may be 100% what you say it is right now. And maybe it always will be. But you never know. Sometimes things change.

bro, gus fring is the man, great quote. and agree with your point.

Future role -- depends. Do we land Quade Green [unlikely] or not? Is Goodine too good to not start, or will he need a year?

Personally, I think that Carey is going to be terrific. Love his game. Missing weeks of practice early with that ankle injury was a setback. Definitely a scoring point, but his handle is sick, and something this team has lacked for a LONG time. As he continues to figure things out, I'd expect fan sentiment / perception about him to change quite a bit.
I agree. I think by the end of the season JC is our best and only NBA prospect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom