Quade's line | Syracusefan.com

Quade's line

sususpicious

Walk On
Quade with 2 points on 1-8 shooting (and 0-4 from 3) and 2 assists in 17 minutes in Kentucky's 2-point loss to Florida. No comment from this end, none at all;)

Not sure why we need to bring up Quade or have these threads about him and Tucker. Was this his first game back from being out for awhile with an injury? Yes he has struggled. Who cares?
Don't like it, don't read it. And if the implication bothers you that much, just take it as information. Last I checked, at least in part, that's what this site is about: college hoop information.

Both are frustrating but Quade just doesn't look very good and he doesn't fit in our zone-exclusive defense so I would've hated seeing threes rained over his side all year anyway (not that this doesn't happen already).

Tucker hurts. He's exactly what this team is missing. Duke just took him as a defensive move all the while knowing the kid may have no future there. K and his sketchy recruiters played him.

You can look at this team and wonder what if, had Quade committed, but I'm not so sure it's much different. I know Tucker would've flourished here, and that's just my opinion, but when I look at our team, and could design a player that we need in a lab to throw out there in '17-'18, it's Tucker.

too many factors when considering player 1 at A school vs. player 1 at B school. are you riding a schwinn or a harley ?

Player GP MIN PPG RPG APG SPG BPG TPG FG% FT% 3P%
Jordan Tucker 2 7.0 3.0 0.5 0.0 0.0 0.0 1.0 .500 .500 .500
Quade Green 16 24.3 10.2 1.9 3.3 0.3 0.0 1.9 .462 .793 .367

They aren't equivalents. Quade seems to be having a pretty good freshman year. I doubt he's wishing he was on our team.

I watched this game last night, and just based upon this one game, I wasn't impressed. Actually, Calamari was giving QC his best JB impersonation/treatment. No sooner than Green came in, he was yanked just as quickly, twice for taking open outside shots, which he missed badly, one from the corner towards the end of the game that hit the side of the backboard. And, when Green was in, Alexander (#22) guard was bringing the ball up the floor, and running the offense.

I found this interesting as Green (although listed at 6'0") is more like 5'10", 5'11" and wasn't running the point when he was in the game. Alexander was much more impressive, and at 6'5" appeared to have had a solid handle. Diallo, played off the ball as well, however, he also, unlike Green, has ideal shooting guard size. So, I'm not sure where QC fits in at UK, especially long term, if not at the PG spot. I couldn't really judge his handle, since he rarely had the ball in his hands running the offense. UK, no doubt in my opinion, will likely be recruiting over him. I don't think that would've been the case here...but who knows.

They already have with Immanuel Quickley signed there for next year (5 Star).

I watched this game last night, and just based upon this one game, I wasn't impressed. Actually, Calamari was giving QC his best JB impersonation/treatment. No sooner than Green came in, he was yanked just as quickly, twice for taking open outside shots, which he missed badly, one from the corner towards the end of the game that hit the side of the backboard. And, when Green was in, Alexander (#22) guard was bringing the ball up the floor, and running the offense.

I found this interesting as Green (although listed at 6'0") is more like 5'10", 5'11" and wasn't running the point when he was in the game. Alexander was much more impressive, and at 6'5" appeared to have had a solid handle. Diallo, played off the ball as well, however, he also, unlike Green, has ideal shooting guard size. So, I'm not sure where QC fits in at UK, especially long term, if not at the PG spot. I couldn't really judge his handle, since he rarely had the ball in his hands running the offense. UK, no doubt in my opinion, will likely be recruiting over him. I don't think that would've been the case here...but who knows.

What did our staff see in Green that had them so enamored that we didnt actively pursue other PGs?

Maybe relationships built and the Neumann-Goretti connection? It paid us dividends with Scoop and Jackson. QC, in my quick assessment, appears to be a solid Syracuse program player that by junior/senior year is consistently producing for us. With us playing all zone, nothing but the zone so help us god, I can see where QC may have hesitated as it doesn't meet JB's ideal profile of longer/lengthy guards at the top of the zone. And, since he has gone that route, other than Flynn, that stature of pg here hasn't fared too well.

i'd guarantee dwayne "pearl" washington didn't care what play JB called. he was doing it all on his own. that's talent.
and sheer talent alone got JB most of his wins. yes he got them here to the hill. and for that i thank him.

Last edited:
Not sure why we need to bring up Quade or have these threads about him and Tucker. Was this his first game back from being out for awhile with an injury? Yes he has struggled. Who cares?
Had we an actual plan B... or jelly dimes... we wouldn’t be seeing such pettiness from our fan base.

Don't like it, don't read it. And if the implication bothers you that much, just take it as information. Last I checked, at least in part, that's what this site is about: college hoop information.
sobe only likes discussing other teams' guards when he's showering them with praise (and dissing our own by implication)

sobe only likes discussing other teams' guards when he's showering them with praise (and dissing our own by implication)

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Yes I get envious.

i'd guarantee dwayne "pearl" washington didn't care what play JB called. he was doing it all on his own. that's talent.
and sheer talent alone got JB most of his wins. yes he got them here to the hill. and for that i thank him.
No. It was all luck.

Had we an actual plan B... or jelly dimes... we wouldn’t be seeing such pettiness from our fan base.
Jelly Dimes is average 6ppg/2apg/2rpg; while shooting 32% from the field and 19% from 3 and getting 18mpg. I'd have to think if Howard Washington got 18mpg, he would be putting up very similar numbers (and at the very least a higher 3pt %). That doesn't mean Jelly Dimes won't be a good player soon, but I'm not sure how much different we'd be this year with him instead of HoWash. Unless of course, he was really good in the zone. But he's listed at 6'1 160, and Washington is listed at 6'3 180.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom