Quade's line | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Quade's line

We have been a top 12 team nationally for the last 40+ years. That isn't luck.
what you smoking ? you live in bubble land baby. outside looking in.

i'd guarantee dwayne "pearl" washington didn't care what play JB called. he was doing it all on his own. that's talent.
and sheer talent alone got JB most of his wins. yes he got them here to the hill. and for that i thank him.

Anybody remember the 2013 Final Four run? Wasn't that all about Boeheim's zone?

Anyway "sheer talent" is responsible for most of the wins the great coaches have.

i'd guarantee dwayne "pearl" washington didn't care what play JB called. he was doing it all on his own. that's talent.
and sheer talent alone got JB most of his wins. yes he got them here to the hill. and for that i thank him.

Usually the team with better talent wins.

just in or just out seems to be the trend. i'm guessing that trend holds this year as well. top 25. been a while.

Usually the team with better talent wins.
The question is, over the history of the Big East, did we have the best talent. because our record was the best won loss record in the history of the league and it wasn't even close.

I heard they tried consulting you but you were too busy assessing the medical staff's incompetence
I heard they tried consulting you but you were too busy assessing the medical staff's incompetence
Or maybe he would have performed well by any objective measurement but still deemed to be bad by folks who already decided he was bad
There is one silver lining for Green.
The question is, over the history of the Big East, did we have the best talent. because our record was the best won loss record in the history of the league and it wasn't even close.
We had as good if not better talent. Next year we will be back on track. JB hanging with FSU and VA this year shows what a great coach JB is.

i imagine bench coaching gets a whole lot easier when you only play 1 defense and 5 players.

yes . pure genius. and that's why all the champions do it .

won as an underdog. blew it as a favorite. fact is he's spent a whole lot of coin and tosses to win that 1 big fuzzy bear. more chances than most get. by far. thanks carmelo. looks like we're gonna be a long shot again. like hail mary long. one for what ?

IMG_3682.JPG

Last edited:
won as an underdog. blew it as a favorite. fact is he's spent a lot of coin and tosses to win that 1 big fuzzy bear. more chances than most get. by far. looks like we're gonna be a long shot again. like hail mary long.

If you don’t win a lot, you don’t get a lot of chances because you get fired.

or just refuse to leave when asked. as seems to be the case here.

won as an underdog. blew it as a favorite. fact is he's spent a whole lot of coin and tosses to win that 1 big fuzzy bear. more chances than most get. by far. thanks carmelo. looks like we're gonna be a long shot again. like hail mary long. one for what ?

IMG_3682.JPG

Lol at “thanks Carmelo”. Meanwhile Calipari has had 5 Carmelo’s and has won one championship. There’s more to it than having a great player.

Don't like it, don't read it. And if the implication bothers you that much, just take it as information. Last I checked, at least in part, that's what this site is about: college hoop information.

Most here usually wouldn't take issue but when you're clearly cherry pickin', it looks a lot like sour grapes. Our program, and mostly our fans, should be better. No offense...

As for Green, I’ll take a freshman guard averaging 10 and 3 on pretty good shooting numbers anyday.

That said, we’ve got Jalen Carey coming and I don’t think we’d be all that good even with Quade this year, so I don’t really care that much...as long as Carey is as good as advertised. If he is, I doubt we see any Quade threads around here next year.

You do realize many people have used zone this year such as K and Paypal. It is trending. Being used more not less.

I don't think any reasonable person questions or has an issue with the zone. I think some (myself included) question the zone, nothing but the zone, so help you god style that JB employs. At times, there are advantages for sure, but if it was such an incredible defense, I think others coaches would also use it 100% too & copy the 'genius' that is JB.

As we all know, what matters the most is winning, and if it was such a precious gem D, more schools/coaches would play it 100%. I don't know of any other school that plays zone 100% of the time. I think like many sports, you have to play 'situational ball.' We don't, no matter what the situation (other than desperation pressing mode) is, we stay in zone. Situational ball is critical, whether it's baseball, hoops, football, etc. If it weren't, why do football teams shift from zone, nickle, man, etc. Why in baseball, depending on inning, number of runs down/up infielder's/outfielder's play up, vs. deep, etc. Same principle in hoops...

Player GP MIN PPG RPG APG SPG BPG TPG FG% FT% 3P%
Jordan Tucker 2 7.0 3.0 0.5 0.0 0.0 0.0 1.0 .500 .500 .500
Quade Green 16 24.3 10.2 1.9 3.3 0.3 0.0 1.9 .462 .793 .367

They aren't equivalents. Quade seems to be having a pretty good freshman year. I doubt he's wishing he was on our team.

I agree and I doubt that anyone on this SU team is wishing that Quade is on our team. We all should give this a rest. Why wonder what/how Quade is doing? It does not matter or mean anything!!!

I agree and I doubt that anyone on this SU team is wishing that Quade is on our team. We all should give this a rest. Why wonder what/how Quade is doing? It does not matter or mean anything!!!
It actually does. The staff went all in on a kid that so far is marginal. That does mean something

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom