Quadir Copeland transferring to McNeese St | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Quadir Copeland transferring to McNeese St

I think it's not that simple... we needed a point guard and got baby Curly Neil with an attitude...

Hope he sorts himself out and that McNeese can help him do that... but half expecting he's not enrolled there come Fall and he's off to juco cause they couldn't paper-over his incompletes.
That's nothing for Will Wade.

During the season, his people were also apparently posting crap online about our coaches. He has a lot of bad-influence people in his ear filling his head with crap and saying he’s gonna be a top pick in the draft. So many of these kids listen to the wrong people and surround themselves with bad actors who give them poor guidance.
Multiple Uncle Dennis' in this kids life.

Acc runnerup 6th man of the year to McNeese St...

The P4 D1 schools passed on him... Kansas, NC State, KSU, Miss St., Memphis, etc. Whether grades or fit or both... But the former was certainly a rumored significant issue.
You think Red pulled a Craig T. Nelson in All the Right Moves here by badmouthing Q to other coaches. I wouldn't blame Red if that actually happened.

You think Red pulled a Craig T. Nelson in All the Right Moves here by badmouthing Q to other coaches. I wouldn't blame Red if that actually happened.

Me thinks it was more of the “You’ll be lucky to have him work for you” line.

Gosh, I hope not.

Badmouthing an young, immature kid to other coaches is textbook unprofessional.

Besides, coaches have their sources for intel on stuff like this... it's part of the job.

I doubt Red would bad mouth Q. There are those we ho Red may have confided to during the season who may have offered some Intel anonymously guys like Devo, Blackwell, Seth Greenberg, even JB...to read between the lines. Heck reading this board can be useful for coaches looking for info. Red could just say "kid is tremendously talented with lots of upside, but needs a better coach than I to unlock his potential" and leave it at that.

Will Wade is finishing Q's papers using chatgpt as we speak.

I doubt Red would bad mouth Q. There are those we ho Red may have confided to during the season who may have offered some Intel anonymously guys like Devo, Blackwell, Seth Greenberg, even JB...to read between the lines. Heck reading this board can be useful for coaches looking for info. Red could just say "kid is tremendously talented with lots of upside, but needs a better coach than I to unlock his potential" and leave it at that.

Will Wade is finishing Q's papers using chatgpt as we speak.
I don't know, I don't think I would want a coach to ever say those words. If its tongue and cheek, than just save it and don't say anything.

Maybe chatgpt is an NIL sponsor for them, cant imagine Q being the only one there that needs a little, say boost?

If chatgpt existed in 2012/13, we have another title. Lol

I don't know, I don't think I would want a coach to ever say those words. If its tongue and cheek, than just save it and don't say anything.

Maybe chatgpt is an NIL sponsor for them, cant imagine Q being the only one there that needs a little, say boost?

If chatgpt existed in 2012/13, we have another title. Lol
Probably the most consequential "footnote" in college sports. Not even the main body of the paper.

Probably the most consequential "footnote" in college sports. Not even the main body of the paper.
Punishment didn't fit the crime at all. Not excusing it, but there was so much wrong with the ruling.

Hope he's either a great coach or he has a short contract. Based solely on his record, I don't have my hopes up.
We should have made his offer contingent on getting Leffew. I would have gone the Fran Brown way and brought in another elite recruiter

Gosh, I hope not.

Badmouthing an young, immature kid to other coaches is textbook unprofessional.

Besides, coaches have their sources for intel on stuff like this... it's part of the job.
or can just watch live / recorded TV like we have and saw Qu bump and scoff HCAA in games on his way to the bench.

or can just watch live / recorded TV like we have and saw Qu bump and scoff HCAA in games on his way to the bench.
I thought Bell was the one who bumped Red and he's still here. Would be crazy if it happened with another player too.

yeah but it's all part of the equation even some of the most talented employees can't do simple things like show up for work on time or even at all on some days which makes them essentially unemployable in most professions

As I have read here 10,000 times in the past 3-4 weeks, " the market has spoken" It did for Brown and it did for Copeland. I was wrong on both but can't speak to Copeland's issues off the court
This is a great point -- market sure said a lot about guys who put in hard work and want to win, including doing all the little things. Hurley has won back to back championships by focusing on culture guys and eschewing some higher talented guys. Now, granted, he's getting both these days but he prioritized certain type of guys.

I'm not terribly surprised Maliq was as desired as he was -- he's a perfect fit for a team trying to win a championship. And I believe, he was one of -- if not the best -- academic student on the team, too. I know the goal is to play professionally but I dont begrudge him for wanting a Duke degree (and network) as his safety backup.

but I dont begrudge him for wanting a Duke degree
hey academically speaking , a Syracuse degree ain't exactly mashed potatoes . you want to knock us for location fine. but the university itself offers many prestigious majors . best communications school in the land. say he wants biotech... you might have a case . but academically duke holds no edge over SYRACUSE. if all he wants is prestige and connections transfer to princeton and start every game. .

Last edited:
hey academically speaking , a Syracuse degree ain't exactly mashed potatoes . you want to knock us for location fine. but the university itself offers many prestigious majors . best communications school in the land. say he wants biotech... you might have a case . but academically duke holds no edge over SYRACUSE. if all he wants is prestige and connections transfer to princeton and start every game. .
Hey I’m a Newhouse grad so I get it. It really depends what he wants wants. But objectively speaking Duke is considered a top ten school. Syracuse as a whole doesn’t have that cache.

Hey I’m a Newhouse grad so I get it. It really depends what he wants wants. But objectively speaking Duke is considered a top ten school. Syracuse as a whole doesn’t have that cache.
It does change over time. But SU is known for Newhouse, maybe iSchool, but not business, poly sci, pre-med, nor engineering.

No, Stef was too short to play corner and committed too many DPIs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom