Question About How We're Practicing | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Question About How We're Practicing

:noidea:
Don't they typically form a practice squad that could consist of walk ons, coaches and any reserves, coached to mimic the upcoming opponent? I know that team won't be at the same level, but those walk ons are there for a reason, DC can certainly still bang bodies in the half court against TT and Lydon to get them ready, Moyer can play a stretch 4 Euro on a practice squad, and Autry Jr and Sr should be able to mimic any backcourt. As you know, in JBs system it is about positioning on the floor either end of the court. He knows what the opponents run, so I would expect practice time to be simulating the opponent using the reserves against the top 6 walking through likely scenarios, with just a few possessions going hard to simulate game speed. I would think the biggest improvements are being made in understanding positioning from these simulation moments on the court and then film study. I wonder if TT laughs at himself for flailing around in the middle of the zone like we have seen him do a few times this year. That has to make quite an impression on the young man. :cool:

Great post. I know JB is not much of a film study guy. Maybe our other coaches are?:noidea:

Full speed? Moyer was fine in September. He said so himself. Staff decision to redshirt him. Coleman is fine too. He just can't move laterally or jump. Skills you need at the D1 level.
Maybe we should define what fine is. To me if you can't jump or move laterally you are not fine as it relates to major college basketball. For me it would be fine but I would argue DC2 is not fine.

So you'd be in favor of him getting thrown into the water in the ACC stretch run and the postseason? And whose minutes would you want him taking right now?
thats why i asked how he was practicing. is he a FR who is confused on D or someone looking solid who could chip in if we had an issues?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom