Question about the Melo Center | Syracusefan.com

Question about the Melo Center

Ragman2000

Pee-Trough Advocate
Hey guys, my family will be in the Cuse staying up by the University for a few days next week as we visit our family still in CNY.

My recollection is that the lobby of the Melo Center is open to the public as a mini Cuse museum, but the last time we were in town and tried to check it out it was locked up.

Any advice on the best way to get in a check it out? My kids would think it's the greatest (and so would their Dad).

Hey guys, my family will be in the Cuse staying up by the University for a few days next week as we visit our family still in CNY.

My recollection is that the lobby of the Melo Center is open to the public as a mini Cuse museum, but the last time we were in town and tried to check it out it was locked up.

Any advice on the best way to get in a check it out? My kids would think it's the greatest (and so would their Dad).

last I knew it was open week days during business hours. Maybe covid changed that for now?

They have tightened up who they let in quite a bit now. I haven’t been able to walk in without a coach in quite some time and I never see anyone in there now that doesn’t have some sort of personal relationship or SU relationship

They have tightened up who they let in quite a bit now. I haven’t been able to walk in without a coach in quite some time and I never see anyone in there now that doesn’t have some sort of personal relationship or SU relationship
That stinks, thanks for the update Bulldog04. I guess my best bet is to pray that one of my 5 kids is a better player than their pops.

That stinks, thanks for the update Bulldog04. I guess my best bet is to pray that one of my 5 kids is a better player than their pops.

If you donate talk to the person you deal with.

They have odd rules with kids - they can be considered recruits and benefits and whatnot...

Main entrance of Manley is generally unlocked.

My Melo center story. About 10 years ago on a visit to Cuse to see family, I took my 2 boys to go see the Melo center. It was locked up and we disappointedly walked back to the car. Just as we got to the car we noticed a family heading to the same door. We decided to go back. As we got to the door, someone was opening it for the family and asked “are you the xxxxx family who won the auction for the Melo Center tour.” They let them in and we tailgated right in behind them! Got the full tour and then sat court side as the team practiced for about an hour. I was surprised how distant JB was for the first hour during individual drills. But when the scrimmage started he clearly in charge and instructing players. Buddy and JB jr were shooting on a side court.

Needless to say we were in awe and loved every minute. No one questioned us at all. My boys and I still talk about that day and my wife and daughter are still upset that they chose to go to the mall instead.

Florange44

My Melo center story. About 10 years ago on a visit to Cuse to see family, I took my 2 boys to go see the Melo center. It was locked up and we disappointedly walked back to the car. Just as we got to the car we noticed a family heading to the same door. We decided to go back. As we got to the door, someone was opening it for the family and asked “are you the xxxxx family who won the auction for the Melo Center tour.” They let them in and we tailgated right in behind them! Got the full tour and then sat court side as the team practiced for about an hour. I was surprised how distant JB was for the first hour during individual drills. But when the scrimmage started he clearly in charge and instructing players. Buddy and JB jr were shooting on a side court.

Needless to say we were in awe and loved every minute. No one questioned us at all. My boys and I still talk about that day and my wife and daughter are still upset that they chose to go to the mall instead.

Florange44
My dad took us to Yankee stadium to see my Orioles, with Reggie Jackson. The Yanks won, and I sulked. Getting ready to drive home, our car overheated in the parking lot. While I sulked, my younger sister, had to use the bathroom, so she went with my dad. He knocked on a door looking for water. Chris Chambliss let him in. Craig Nettles helped get water, and my sister went to the bathroom in the Yankee locker room.

Any updates/changes to the Melo Center and visitors this summer? We're up from Georgia, and I was hoping to show my kiddos.

Any updates/changes to the Melo Center and visitors this summer? We're up from Georgia, and I was hoping to show my kiddos.
I think they are still keeping it locked and unless you make arrangements, it is unlikely you will be able to get it.

The main entrance to Manley (now Lally Center) is now closed and under construction, so it will be hard to back track in that way.

I would call the basketball office, explain your situation and see if a staff member might be willing to meet with you and your kids and show them around. They might be able to suggest a time when the players are scrimmaging.

I think you want to talk to Kelly Taylor or Jill McBride. Others might have better suggestions...please post them if you do.

Here is the number.

(315) 443-2082

I think they are still keeping it locked and unless you make arrangements, it is unlikely you will be able to get it.

The main entrance to Manley (now Lally Center) is now closed and under construction, so it will be hard to back track in that way.

I would call the basketball office, explain your situation and see if a staff member might be willing to meet with you and your kids and show them around. They might be able to suggest a time when the players are scrimmaging.

I think you want to talk to Kelly Taylor or Jill McBride. Others might have better suggestions...please post them if you do.

Here is the number.

(315) 443-2082
Thanks tomcat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors