Class of 2015 - Question for Recruiting Mavens | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Question for Recruiting Mavens

Way, way too much quitting on the staff to early from some on the board. I'm excited to see where we end up next season. I'm pretty high on our upside...

I think continuity/stability in the staff will really help next years recruiting class specifically (New IPF doesn't hurt :) ). Hope McD stays. Between him, and Acosta having another year to mine NJ, next year could be HUGE! Especially if we can get back in the bowl picture next season(I think we do).

I think continuity/stability in the staff will really help next years recruiting class specifically (New IPF doesn't hurt :) ). Hope McD stays. Between him, and Acosta having another year to mine NJ, next year could be HUGE! Especially if we can get back in the bowl picture next season(I think we do).

Ditto, across the board!

I really like what the defense is going to look like based on these past 2 recruiting classes! The linebackers from last class and this class are phenomenal and deep, the secondary from both classes are very good and the defensive line from this class plus Slayton, Samuels and Harvey from last class is something to take notice of! The future of the defense and potential is very high let's hope the athletes develop.

You know what Ole Clev...maybe it's time for you follow a different team.

Your negativity is nauseating. Try the newspaper board...you'd fit right in over there.
oh don't be that guy. He didn't say anything particularly outlandish. How about you don't tell other Syracuse fans how to think? I bet you are one of those people who think dissent is unpatriotic.

The whistling past the gravestone pollyanna fans are just as annoying (we had a preseason thread arguing for Hunt as a legitimate Heisman candidate). Like it or not, given the performance of the season, it is a perfectly reasonable and mainstream opinion to have doubts as to the abilities of the staff. But at the end of the day, everyone - including Clev - wants Syracuse to win.

You know what Ole Clev...maybe it's time for you follow a different team.

Your negativity is nauseating. Try the newspaper board...you'd fit right in over there.

Your right, I should stop pounding my fist on the table for change and just give up on the team I have lived to watch every Saturday for the past 26 years. Shame on me for wanting this great program to rise again. I'll just sit here and condone the losing and give fake praise where it's warranted.

All I said was there have been plenty of great recruiters who have not had college coaching success. Not sure how that is so egregious, I didn't even say anything specifically about Shafer in this thread. I was simply commenting on people saying this staff is great at recruiting. Great recruiting doesn't always lead to on field success is my point.

oh don't be that guy. He didn't say anything particularly outlandish. How about you don't tell other Syracuse fans how to think? I bet you are one of those people who think dissent is unpatriotic.

The whistling past the gravestone pollyanna fans are just as annoying (we had a preseason thread arguing for Hunt as a legitimate Heisman candidate). Like it or not, given the performance of the season, it is a perfectly reasonable and mainstream opinion to have doubts as to the abilities of the staff. But at the end of the day, everyone - including Clev - wants Syracuse to win.
You can make a point without slamming current players. You can also make a point (or two or ten) and let it go.

Move on...nothing said by internet naysayers will change anything regarding the perceived coaching deficiencies. Period.

Visiting this forum and having to wade through the same negative spewage from the same negative posters is getting old. We've had some very positive recruiting news lately and most of these clowns only want to talk about our failures. I just don't get it.

Your right, I should stop pounding my fist on the table for change and just give up on the team I have lived to watch every Saturday for the past 26 years. Shame on me for wanting this great program to rise again. I'll just sit here and condone the losing and give fake praise where it's warranted.

All I said was there have been plenty of great recruiters who have not had college coaching success. Not sure how that is so egregious, I didn't even say anything specifically about Shafer in this thread. I was simply commenting on people saying this staff is great at recruiting. Great recruiting doesn't always lead to on field success is my point.

Being a broken record isn't going to help the program rise either.

I honestly believe that most of us (including you) want the program to rise to it's former glory...no question about it. But calling for the HC's head after a season defined by "Murphy's Law" is completely unreasonable and unrealistic.

You and others, have made you thoughts known...NUMEROUS times. We get it. For me it's time to move on and concentrate on the positive.

Way, way too much quitting on the staff to early from some on the board. I'm excited to see where we end up next season. I'm pretty high on our upside...

The voice of reason! I don't mind criticism of staff, use of players, play calling yada yada, but unjustified negativity to the extreme where we are firing staff after 2 years is misguided and where the awkward first year we ended up where we went bowling. Shafer has proven himself on the D side, we just need to see improvement on the O side and we have a keeper!

Much different than the Grob era as he was a D expert and his D was awful. I keep trying to remind people that Shafer played as a QB in college - he has a great opportunity to get it right on the I side. Keep the faith and let it all play out.

I honestly believe that most of us (including you) want the program to rise to it's former glory...no question about it. But calling for the HC's head after a season defined by "Murphy's Law" is completely unreasonable and unrealistic.

You and others, have made you thoughts known...NUMEROUS times. We get it. For me it's time to move on and concentrate on the positive.

I'm not going to do this here because Im not going to hijack a thread and hate when it happens so I will leave it at this. I hope and pray this works out. I love and respect Shafer and don't want to see him fail for his sake and for the sake of the program. I was simply pointing out and replying to the poster who said he was a great recruiter and will improve the talent on the team. That's great that the teams talent will improve, but plenty of coaches have been great recruiters and still failed. Hell, Marrone was 10x the coach Grob was but would anyone argue that Marrone brought in more talented players then Grob? The bottom line is just because someone is bringing in more talent doesn't prove them to be a good coach. Iv never hoped to be more wrong about a coach. We all post here for the same reason though, our love for the program.

Now back to the topic on hand, hopefully we close out these last two months strong and are able to hold onto all of these kids. Mcdonald terrifies me, he has a lot of influence with some of the kids and if he bounces then there is no telling what could happen. Dana Levine is a must keep and it seems like if mcd goes then he reopens his recruitment. Not to mention what shy's dad was saying recently about some of the kids not being as vocal about their syracuse commitment (believe it was 1 or 2 of the olineman). Worked hard to get to this place, hopefully we continue the momentum and close it out without any decommits.

I will then throw in my up date to this. Since the home visits have started the enthusiasm in the recruits especially a couple of the queit ones has picked up. I think the season got some of them down but having the coaches give them their side of the story in person has helped them see the sky isn't falling. The team had a bad year but the coaches are showing the kids were the injuries hurt em and where the recruits will fill holes and the boys are starting to see the future is still looking good

Just wanted to say we are 2 commits away from my "dream scenario" close to the class. Just need Stocker and Fox! I'm so excited about the recruits this staff is bringing in!

We are definitely closing the class strong. If we can grab Stocker and Crawford to close this out it would be best possible outcome we could have hoped for.

imo the last few guys we added (Ealey, Sheppard, Trey, Clark) are some of the most talented guys in the class. I also made it known at the time of their commitments that I wasn't that high on Lindor, or Ginnetti, who we are no longer bringing in for 1 reason or another. I guess what I am saying is I couldn't be happier on how things are playing out. imo the class has seen a significant upgrade.

We are definitely closing the class strong. If we can grab Stocker and Crawford to close this out it would be best possible outcome we could have hoped for.

imo the last few guys we added (Ealey, Sheppard, Trey, Clark) are some of the most talented guys in the class. I also made it known at the time of their commitments that I wasn't that high on Lindor, or Ginnetti, who we are no longer bringing in for 1 reason or another. I guess what I am saying is I couldn't be happier on how things are playing out. imo the class has seen a significant upgrade.

If you look at the rankings right now, both 24/7 and Scowt have us in their top 35 more or less, Rovals top 40ish (these are all including Sheppard, he's not been added on all the sites yet), and then ESPN is somewhere around 60ish. One of these things is not like the other and it's significantly distorting our composite rankings at 247 which seems to be the go to for a lot of people now. I'm not sure how ESPN does their rankings but this is 2 years in a row where we've had a strong class that the other sites have rated top 50 or better that they've put around 60 or so. Either they are really, really good at this or really, really bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom