question for the board | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

question for the board

Yeah, I'm skeptical of the "one sellout" thing. For those games you listed I distinctly recall no tickets being available. If that's not a sell out then I don't understand the meaning of the term.

There's always a few no-shows, even for sold out games, at any stadium. So I would think that's not the metric being used.

The '92 Texas game is listed with an attendance of 49,238, the tOSU game that year was 49,629 and Miami was 49,857. That's when capacity was 49,550, so I would suspect that Texas was a sell out with a couple hundred no-shows and tOSU & Miami were sell-outs that managed to run over capacity.

10/30/93 against WVU is listed as 49,268, which is suspiciously close to the same count as Texas the year before, which again makes me feel like it was a sellout with a few no-shows.

11/30/96 agaist Miami was 49,426. 11/28/98 against Miami was 49,521. Hard for me to believe either wasn't functionally a sell out.

Maybe someone in the SUAD figures that if there's a handful of single-seats, or handicap seats, or whatever then literally speaking it's not a sellout. But to me if you can't get 2 together, which crowds in the 49,200+ range most likely are, that's as good as a sellout.

*edit* '98 Tennessee attendance is listed smack dab at 49,550. That's reporting a sellout, no doubt, since that's exactly capacity.
Off topic, but I noticed that you keep putting tOSU and one of my buddies go to OSU, so we always make fun of him because he always says the Ohio State University. Just wondering if you're from the area or have a connection to the school?

Off topic, but I noticed that you keep putting tOSU and one of my buddies go to OSU, so we always make fun of him because he always says the Ohio State University. Just wondering if you're from the area or have a connection to the school?

Nah, it's just goofy Internet shorthand. Like using 'aTm' for Texas A&M (think of the logo).

Back on topic... everyone look at that '92 home schedule...

http://www.suathletics.com/sports/2011/7/27/FBFinal1992.aspx?id=7664

Texas, Ohio State, Rutgers, Pitt, VaTech and Miami. Smallest crowd of the year was 48,837!

Personally I think that '92 team was the best SU edition since I came to school ('91), and I think one could argue it was a better team that '87. They certainly played a tougher schedule!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom