question for the Horse players/gamblers here | Syracusefan.com

question for the Horse players/gamblers here

upperdeck

Living Legend
had a good day with the horses yesterday and ran into a quandary.

TVG has a promotion, they give you a $1000 bankroll and a series of yes/no questions that you answer on a sliding scale.
So for example will horse X finish top 3 in a race.

You answer yes/no with a 100% of your bankroll.. so you can say $1000 yes/ no and win/lose it all or 700/300 or whatever any number you want. but you cant hold any back.

you have to answer 10 questions out of around 25-30 and you dont know the questions until right before post.

I went all in 7 in a row.. so with 3 to go still had $1000

what would be the proper way to play it out?

I could have "Let It Ride"..
I could have gone 50/50 and walked away with $125
I could mix and match it.

I felt like I owed my self to win something and not walk away with zero.

I played it
8) all in since i liked the race
9) 800/200
10) 700/100 since that would leave me with $100 about the same as playing it safe

I won, so cost myself only $300 but I couldnt figure out any math to a better ending that still felt like a win.

Not knowing the questions ahead of time I was only left with about 4 more races after a I tossed maiden claimers from the equation.

once you can get to race 6 or so it seems like the time to hemming and hawing.

nice thing was getting so many right i won a bunch on win/parlay bets

Hard part was deciding on whether to bet Yes or No, so much easier it felt to root for a horse to finish well then try to decide who was finished poorly. I ended up with 8 yes and 2 no bets

so it looks to me that one variable i didnt think of was taxes. TVG doesnt report things over $600, so by winning more than that i will pay taxes. Not being being a tax guy perhaps winning $600 is better in the long run than say $800. so maybe if i get a next time i would go 600/400 on the last instead of 800/200 or 700/100.

so no numbers people on the board with thoughts?

might have to PM Ithaca Barrel. He's the only one I've seen post about the ponies on a large scale basis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom