Question re: Shrader | Syracusefan.com

Question re: Shrader

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
(Can't believe I am asking this, but happily so), does not seem to have an NFL arm. He does seem to "throw a rope", but it's hard for me to tell, as I don't really watch other college teams. Thanks

Last edited:
Could Montana play today ? Peyton was not that long ago. It can be done but you have to think at another level.

If you had asked me this question 3 weeks ago I would still be laughing and missed the first 2 games. To those saying no I'd say...not so fast. His development from last year to this year is insane. His arm is clearly stronger and more accurate. Another year of development might get him there.

I think you can (2 games into 2022) chalk him up in that really good college football QB that isn't quite an NFL caliber QB column. Doesn't quite have that NFL rip
The most amusing thing about that IMO is we are basing the data-driven plaudits on info from a site called PFF. Not CFF.

Did Eric D.? I think they are in the same boat.
one thing that only coaches can tell us.. How often is Shrader throwing to the right spot vs what Eric did. The offenses are not nearly the same either. On the running side they are very similar players . We need to see a full season of Shrader before we really will know much.. At some point the Ds will adjust and start taking some of the throws away.

So did he pull a Stafford on the TD to CJ?

It looks to me, and I’ve seen a highlight from behind, that he never takes his eyes off of Tucker.

About a minute in.

He reminds me so much of Josh Allen in the way he plays and leads... I think the difference is Allen is built like a LB and has maybe the strongest arm in the league.

I dunno if Shrader can make all of the NFL throws, but I've seen him drop dimes over the top with amazing touch and I've also seem him fire it into traffic over the middle with tremendous accuracy. The one play I haven't seen is the deep out... although we have seen some come backers. He's definitely as good as any of the college QBs I've seen and I've watched State Penn, Purdue, Louisville, Ohio St, Bama and UT so far this year.

So did he pull a Stafford on the TD to CJ?

It looks to me, and I’ve seen a highlight from behind, that he never takes his eyes off of Tucker.

About a minute in.
Kind of. Definitely has his helmet turned more Tuckers way the entire time but I'm sure his eyed were looking at CJ. Not quite Stafford but very good job of looking off the safety help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom