Questions re the Portal | Syracusefan.com

Questions re the Portal

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
Let's say a player enters the portal but doesn't find the situation he hopes for:

1. Can the player exit the portal?
2. Is the player's previous team under any obligation to reinstate the player?
3. Can the player's previous team reinstate the player if they had an amicable agreement?

Let's say a player enters the portal but doesn't find the situation he hopes for:

3. Can the player's previous team reinstate the player if they had an amicable agreement?
once you work your way into the portal it's not easy to pull out

yes, no, yes

Just a fwiw, I'm seeing kids who entered the portal and were in there for 7-10 days withdrawing from the portal and returning to their school. I guess the whispered promises of the grass being greener over the septic tank weren't true. ;)

Not all who enter are heard from again.
c2afbb0c2632a7c284c260e21522b105.jpg

Maybe a crazy question but could some players at many of these schools be playing a ‘negotiating’ game, entering the portal hoping their current team ups the ante for their services?

Maybe a crazy question but could some players at many of these schools be playing a ‘negotiating’ game, entering the portal hoping their current team ups the ante for their services?

Oh, absolutely.

I mean, it’s entirely possible that’s (part of) what happened w/ Jeremiah Wilson here.

And I’d be willing to bet a large amount that Drake Maye got hisself a nice bump to stay at UNC for another year.

I mean, if you’re a Top 10 factory sorta team, and you’re paying dudes six and seven figures outta HS, who haven’t done a damn thing at the college level yet -
What’s a Drake Maye worth to you?

This may have been covered elsewhere, and I asked this in another thread, but I am wondering with NIL and portal action in full swing, what do commitments look like back and forth? I know there are back channels where information flows through coaches, family, etc., but are any of the overtures or promises documented? Do I as a player get a term sheet or a letter of intent from ACME on my NIL deal before I leave where I am for greener pastures? Do they say enter the portal and when you enroll at your new school your deal will be ready to go. Do winks, promises and weak handshakes abound here? Seems like the ground is shaky all around this stuff, no ?

How do those people know who to target? I'm sure the coaches are aware of much of what is going on. WSU coach said an opposing coach actually offered an NIL to one of his players

How do those people know who to target? I'm sure the coaches are aware of much of what is going on. WSU coach said an opposing coach actually offered an NIL to one of his players
Doesn’t take too many brains to target top recruits and a team’s best players currently. Heck unfortunately there are now even fantasy college football leagues where there’s plenty of research available to find the best players to anyone.

Doesn’t take too many brains to target top recruits and a team’s best players. Heck unfortunately there are now even fantasy college football leagues where there’s plenty of research available to find the best players to anyone.
You think the average U of Texas fan knew that Jahad Carter existed a week ago? Coaches are feeding people names

You think the average U of Texas fan knew that Jahad Carter existed a week ago? Coaches are feeding people names
Boosters are giant weirdos who want things done their way, whether the coach wants it that way or not. (Fighting factions of UT boosters are a big reason why they can't ever seem to get their act together on the field.)

You really think it’s the ‘average‘ U of Texas fan that was offering him NIL to lure him there? Hmmm

NCAA: "Hey! Let's let the players get paid and not regulate it. What could go wrong?"
1671584146245.gif
1671584194309.gif
1671584194309.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors