Quick guess at the 2019 schedule... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Quick guess at the 2019 schedule...

Long Island yes we have a huge history of getting the best from the Island but also I wish we’d lock up Upstate NY - eg Rochester area and then north of the border! We have missed some great ones from the local area over the last few years that would have been a lock in the 80s and 90s!

Different time. Smaller world today, more mobile and exploratory , fewer ties and boundaries, greater visibility ,exposure and openness to all possibilties. Most wish to expand experiences and network rather than confine n technology affords. Migration trends point south ......NYS is not bereft of talent but no longer owns any edges. LI, Conn, NJ, Canada are the locals I'd extend tentacles into.

Did anyone notice the biggest change to the format of the ACC tournament? The finals will be held the following week at the highest seed rather than at the site of the other 2 rounds. While I knew about the 4-5 game being initiated, I had no idea that the finals format was changing.

Did anyone notice the biggest change to the format of the ACC tournament? The finals will be held the following week at the highest seed rather than at the site of the other 2 rounds. While I knew about the 4-5 game being initiated, I had no idea that the finals format was changing.
Old news. This was announced a year ago.

Confirmed that Binghamton and Syracuse will NOT be playing in the regular season this year -

Hobart game confirmed for Tuesday, April 2nd AT Hobart. Seems like Hobart has stolen a home game, I seem to remember two years ago playing at Boswell for the second year in a row, hence this meeting should have been in the dome, same as last year.

Statesmen announce 2019 lacrosse schedule

Hobart game confirmed for Tuesday, April 2nd AT Hobart. Seems like Hobart has stolen a home game, I seem to remember two years ago playing at Boswell for the second year in a row, hence this meeting should have been in the dome, same as last year.

You are 100% correct. Would love someone at syracuse.com to ask Desko about this.

You are 100% correct. Would love someone at syracuse.com to ask Desko about this.

Maybe we requested it to balance out future schedules. It seemed like we always had more home games than roadies in odd years (UVa, Duke, Hop, Cornell, Gate).

Maybe we requested it to balance out future schedules. It seemed like we always had more home games than roadies in odd years (UVa, Duke, Hop, Cornell, Gate).

Right, but you still end up losing a home game. They did this with Hopkins, but went two away games in a row, followed by two home games in a row. With Hobart they did two away games in a row, then home game followed by away game.

Maybe they had to give up a home game for Dome scheduling reasons? There was the infamous year when they didn't have a home game for a month because of a Monster Truck rally in the dome.

Sounds like we just need the ACC and a few other schools to release times, and were close to being done.

Right, but you still end up losing a home game. They did this with Hopkins, but went two away games in a row, followed by two home games in a row. With Hobart they did two away games in a row, then home game followed by away game.

Maybe they had to give up a home game for Dome scheduling reasons? There was the infamous year when they didn't have a home game for a month because of a Monster Truck rally in the dome.

Albany comes to Syracuse every year. I believe Army does, too. I’m guessing no one wants to play outside in February, but it still doesn’t really seem fair to Albany and Army, but it happens.

I get it if your concerns are about being able to actually attend the game, but if you’re just complaining about the “fairness” of it, please stop. This team plays 60-plus percent of its games at home every year. Maybe getting out on the road more will actually be good for the team. Creates bonding opportunities, provides adversity, tests mettle. And last I checked, the Dome hasn’t been used as a pre-determined playoff site in quite a few years.

And the undeserved home playoff game back in May, how’d that turn out?

As interesting as 2019 is going to be, what will be equally intriguing is where Cuse will play their 2020 season, because it will not be at the Dome. Given the stature of that team, I wonder how that is going to hurt our chances for a great year.

As interesting as 2019 is going to be, what will be equally intriguing is where Cuse will play their 2020 season, because it will not be at the Dome. Given the stature of that team, I wonder how that is going to hurt our chances for a great year.

If Basketball isn't being moved, then we're good for Feb and March at least.

So we play a few games at the Soccer Stadium on grass. Good practice.

If Basketball isn't being moved, then we're good for Feb and March at least.

So we play a few games at the Soccer Stadium on grass. Good practice.
March 1, 2020 it closes through Sept 1.

Last edited:
Albany comes to Syracuse every year. I believe Army does, too. I’m guessing no one wants to play outside in February, but it still doesn’t really seem fair to Albany and Army, but it happens.

I get it if your concerns are about being able to actually attend the game, but if you’re just complaining about the “fairness” of it, please stop. This team plays 60-plus percent of its games at home every year. Maybe getting out on the road more will actually be good for the team. Creates bonding opportunities, provides adversity, tests mettle. And last I checked, the Dome hasn’t been used as a pre-determined playoff site in quite a few years.

And the undeserved home playoff game back in May, how’d that turn out?

Didn't quite expect a response like this! Fully aware that Syracuse gets the benefit of the doubt when it comes to scheduling, just found it odd that they would throw away a home game. And I like having the Orange play at home since it guarantees the game will be streamed on ESPN. Maybe SU does get soft playing in the dome - that is an interesting discussion point - but away games (especially night games at Hobart midweek) are usually a lot harder than playing at home. I'd feel better if it was a home game.

Does anyone know why they have the deal with Albany and Army that they do? I imagine those teams might like it since they get exposure upstate, and they'd rather not deal with weather problems. Still seems strange. They also seem to never play teams like Siena/Binghamton on the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom