Quick Post SU-Miami thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Quick Post SU-Miami thoughts

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
Note: Most, if not all of these points, are obvious
  • Obviously Kadary coming in changed the game. This is on both sides of the floor creating easy shots for others and putting pressure on the other team Defensively
  • Joe looks soooo much more comfortable at the 2 w/o the PG responsibilities off his plate. He was on fire
  • Looks like Griffin will be this year's Boeheim whipping boy
  • I don't think Edwards is ready to come in and play 30+ minutes regularly, but do think he can give us 15 minutes and get better and better with consistent playing time. His size changes us Defensively and on the boards. Still a little soft, but maybe that improves with time
  • Guerrier is our constant. Brings it every game. Almost automatic down low

Million Dollar question-Will anything change in the rotation-i.e. Kadary and Edwards or do we have to rely on bad shots and/or foul trouble for them to get good minutes again? I hope I'm wrong, but I think the only chance it changes for Kadary is if Girard and/or Griffin really struggle/have bad selection. Buddy is playing 35+ no matter what. Think Edwards only plays good minutes again with Marek Foul trouble. Again, hope I'm wrong.

• Obviously Kadary coming in changed the game. This is on both sides of the floor creating easy shots for others and putting pressure on the other team Defensively
  • Joe looks soooo much more comfortable at the 2 w/o the PG responsibilities off his plate. He was on fire
  • I don't think Edwards is ready to come in and play 30+ minutes regularly, but do think he can give us 15 minutes and get better and better with consistent playing time. His size changes us Defensively and on the boards. Still a little soft, but maybe that improves with time

Million Dollar question-Will anything change in the rotation-i.e. Kadary and Edwards or do we have to rely on bad shots and/or foul trouble for them to get good minutes again? I hope I'm wrong, but I think the only chance it changes for Kadary is if Girard and/or Griffin really struggle/have bad selection. Buddy is playing 35+ no matter what. Think Edwards only plays good minutes again with Marek Foul trouble. Again, hope I'm wrong.
Jessie looks like a power lifter compared to Marek. His 7’5” wingspan makes an impact in the middle of the zone.

Whipping boy?

the guy is brutal with the ball

Griffin needs use this year to just be a good rebounder, shooter and cutter. He can work on his ballhandling when he has a full off-season. It's not going to work doing it in season.

Whipping boy?

the guy is brutal with the ball
He is, but he also gives us shooting, athleticism, and rebounding. I'm fine w/ him getting benched when he's out of control, but no one else gets benched to the same extent when they're struggling. Girard will be taken out for a short time. This is the 1st time all year Buddy was taken out after forcing a shot, but he was put back in after a few minutes. That is what I mean by whipping boy.

This game shows that playing guys at their natural positions may help us win. This doesn't seem to matter much in the NBA but I am convinced it is critical at the college level. I liked what we saw from Edwards. I'd rather us play an inexperienced center at all times than ever force Marek to ever play out of position. Kadary is not (yet) a great shooter but this doesn't matter to be a successful college PG as long as our 2 and 3 are shooting threats. He is a stud on defense and makes creating offense off the dribble look easy. Once his shooting develops, I predict he'll be a first rounder. Would still like to see more Braswell and Newton (? COVID). Any game that our walk ons get a minute of action means something went really right for us. Guarded optimism for the season is restored...for now.

1611120939158.gif

I couldn't believe that (1) we fed the post, (2) we posted up Guerrier repeatedly, (3) we played one of the young big men, and he played WELL!, and (4) Boeheim went to a 3 guard lineup so Kadary could play, and he didn't have to take either Buddy or Joe out of the game. (Didn't work as well with Marek in the middle ...)

The game worked how all games should work. Guys who did dumb, selfish things got yanked. Will it continue I'm doubtful especially when one player is guaranteed 35-38 minutes a night and one needs to be on the floor 40 a night for us to win. Not enough flexibility in available spots.

The game worked how all games should work. Guys who did dumb, selfish things got yanked. Will it continue I'm doubtful especially when one player is guaranteed 35-38 minutes a night and one needs to be on the floor 40 a night for us to win. Not enough flexibility in available spots.
- yanking players for bad play needs to happen
- shot selection is so key for this team. They can get a quality shot EVERY POSSESSION...and they should. There was a sequence in the second half when the team got EASY buckets 3 or 4 times in row in the paint. Then the next 2 possessions gerard and griffin gunned off balance bricks...this simply needs to not happen. Keep feeding what works! If the 3 pt shooters are set and can step into a shot then thats a green light...but not this NBA2K type shots...they miss almost 80% of those easily...no reason for it.
- in order for this team to maximize its performance, some good players are going to need to sit at times...even maybe Buddy and JG3 (gasp) I know...no one should be playing 40
- Miami succcccccccks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom