Quick Post SU-Pitt part deux thoughts/State of the program | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Quick Post SU-Pitt part deux thoughts/State of the program

I did? I was just giving Edelin and Pace as 2 examples who were very successful w/o much of an outside shot. Kadary would play w/ 2 other guys whose main strengths on Offense is outside shooting, but we also could use someone who can penetrate, create for others, and play some good Defense to balance that. Our starting guards struggle with the above.

Gave you a like cause I misinterpreted or didn’t understand your argument. I just thought it was a bad comparison because they were on the court together a lot back then. Agree Kadary should be starting.

Kadary is not a great outside shooter.

Teams have figured him out. Sag off of him and he can't drive by, and an extra defender in the paint clogs the passing lanes.
JBs got him playing tight.

Yes i do. 100%.

Agreed. I would argue Edelin and Pace would be the two best players we would have in our lineup right now if they were playing.

The oversimplification of what a player can/can't do if they aren't a great shooter is really crazy.

Agreed. I would argue Edelin and Pace would be the two best players we would have in our lineup right now if they were playing.

The oversimplification of what a player can/can't do if they aren't a great shooter is really crazy.

Listen I like what both those players contributed, but you're on drugs if you think either are better than Quincy. It's not even close. A little too much of back in my day bias here.

Listen I like what both those players contributed, but you're on drugs if you think either are better than Quincy. It's not even close. A little too much of back in my day bias here.

I see the Q argument, that's fine. So then #2 and #3. That work?

Edelin would still be the most talented. Pace would probably be the most athletic.

if Billy didn’t have his issues? He’s easily #1. Not close.

Anyone want to go on the record and say Pearl wasn’t that good because all he could do was drive? I feel like we’re on our way.

Oh stop. That wasn't the argument at all.

I see the Q argument, that's fine. So then #2 and #3. That work?

Edelin would still be the most talented. Pace would probably be the most athletic.

That's not the point. Do you really think you can play 3 non shooters in 2021? I'm talking about people you don't even need to guard on the perimeter. I am 100% in agreement to playing Kadary that is not the point. I'm trying to think of any good basketball team that plays 3 non shooters at the same time in college in 2021 and I can't think of any. The argument was we could get away with playing 2 non shooters at guard at the same time. If you could wouldn't you see more of that in the game today?

Oh stop. That wasn't the argument at all.

what’s the argument then? Kadary has higher offensive win shares and offensive box plus minus than Joe. All this other eye test stuff, defensives are slagging off, etc is nice, but if it’s true, it should show up in the stats, it doesn’t. If the argument is kadary needs to start hitting outside shots to get to the next level, 100%.

what’s the argument then? Kadary has higher offensive win shares and offensive box plus minus than Joe. All this other eye test stuff, defensives are slagging off, etc is nice, but if it’s true, it should show up in the stats, it doesn’t. If the argument is kadary needs to start hitting outside shots to get to the next level, 100%.
Where have I said Kadary shouldn't start? I've said it multiple times over the past month.

Plus may even turn the ball over more! I wonder if there is a stat of %of TO per possession of the ball.

there is turnover% which is number of turnovers per 100 possessions.
joe is worse than Griffin, 24 to 22

there is turnover% which is number of turnovers per 100 possessions.
joe is worse than Griffin, 24 to 22
Thanks for the info. I could try different ways to reverse the order, like TO/min, but lets face it, turning the ball over once every 4 to 5 times you have it is just plain horrible! Do you know if air balls recovered by the opposing team count as a TO ?

Thanks for the info. I could try different ways to reverse the order, like TO/min, but lets face it, turning the ball over once every 4 to 5 times you have it is just plain horrible! Do you know if air balls recovered by the opposing team count as a TO ?

I don’t believe so since the retrieval is counted as a rebound or a team rebound if it goes out of bound

Yes the answer is no. Just like it’s not an assist when it’s caught and immediately scored.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom