Quick SU-FSU thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Quick SU-FSU thoughts

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
  • We milked the clock from the 1st drive of the game. If I'm an Offensive player, I'm feeling the staff has no confidence we can win this game.
  • LA ran really hard
  • If there's nothing else we can hang our hat on, we can at least say we probably lead College Football in completed passes out of bounds.
  • Villari looked good again in limited opportunities
  • That sequence where we go for the Field Goal down 3 TD's in the Second half and then miss it was pure Dino ball.
  • Have doubts abut Del-Rio Wilson, but to be fair, every time he's in they go run-run-pass. They don't give him a chance. The game was long over at that point, Dino had long before waved the white flag-Why not give him a chance to show what he can do?
  • The Defense really battled until the 4th Quarter where they were just done either mentally, physically, or both
  • Clark looked like he belonged out there
  • I can't believe how much Dino was laughing in the Post game PC. You'd think we had just won 41-3. The players seemed much more bummed than he was. If you are a player, what are you thinking watching that press conference?
  • What bothered me most about the game is Dino again gave up mid game (If not pregame). This has become a pattern in recent years starting w/ the Pitt game years ago when he refused to use timeouts in a game we were very much in. I can't imagine how the players feel about that, but it can't be good. No matter how the rest of the season goes, that doesn't change this pattern.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Vallari get a pass that isn't a bubble screen.
Me too because by Va Tech every team on the schedule will have that play scouted out. I'm sure Beck and company are developing something...

I'd like to see Vallari get a pass that isn't a bubble screen.
I was skeptical early in the year, but it does look like there's potential to involve him more as a receiving threat.

• We milked the clock from the 1st drive of the game. If I'm an Offensive player, I'm feeling the staff has no confidence we can win this game.
  • LA ran really hard
  • If there's nothing else we can hang our hat on, we can at least say we probably lead College Football in completed passes out of bounds.
  • Villari looked good again in limited opportunities
  • That sequence where we go for the Field Goal down 3 TD's in the Second half and then miss it was pure Dino ball.
  • Have doubts abut Del-Rio Wilson, but to be fair, every time he's in they go run-run-pass. They don't give him a chance. The game was long over at that point, Dino had long before waved the white flag-Why not give him a chance to show what he can do?
  • The Defense really battled until the 4th Quarter where they were just done either mentally, physically, or both
  • Clark looked like he belonged out there
  • I can't believe how much Dino was laughing in the Post game PC. You'd think we had just won 41-3. The players seemed much more bummed than he was. If you are a player, what are you thinking watching that press conference?
  • What bothered me most about the game is Dino again gave up mid game (If not pregame). This has become a pattern in recent years starting w/ the Pitt game years ago when he refused to use timeouts in a game we were very much in. I can't imagine how the players feel about that, but it can't be good. No matter how the rest of the season goes, that doesn't change this pattern.

Good post.

I think we have to look at a portal QB or multiple portal QBs.

VT is a huge game. They aren't great. We have our bye ahead of it. Losing four in a row is killer. Win it, back on track.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom