Quick Thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Quick Thoughts

phil77

Hall of Fame
Offensive Line is still terrible. I can't believe how bad they are week in and week out. At some point you would expect to see improvement but there is none. Big 3rd down play center gets beat for quick put the middle pressure for a sack. Even on the last play there was pressure. When they overloaded one side we had two linemen standing there not blocking anyone. Dungey got blasted all game long.

Running backs can we just bench Strickland and move Neal to the slot? Strickland is awful just awful. No vision no burst nothing. He really brings nothing to the table I am tired of him putting his head down and just barrelling forward. While the line is lackluster still this is where you really need a running back to create and make people miss Strickland can not do this at all.

Passing game where are the shots down the middle of the field? Where are the quick slants to take away the blitzing pressure? I think the passing game game plan was beyond terrible today.

Wide Outs What was that today? Did they drop more than they caught?? TBH that was the single worst performance I can remember from the wide outs in quit some time. In fact I can't remember a time they did worse? What an awful awful job they did to help out.

Secondary Suppose to have tons of transfers and experience to help a weak unit. Doesn't look much better as we still had people running wide open multiple times.

Linebackers were solid.

D-Line was fantastic in the first half and ran out of gas in the second. I though they maybe they should have rotated a little more to keep guys fresh but also realize this is where the depth hurts us.

Coaching - Worse game of the babers era by far in all aspects. Defense - Offense - ST all were awful.

Wake was terrible too for coaching. But otherwise agree.

At least they had the excuse of being on the road and in bad weather. We were at home blah

I'll just add my thoughts here, no need to start a new thread.

Good:
D played solid in the first half. Their QB was getting hit a ton. Berry is a beast. Liked the blitzes. 3 TO's. Little guy finally showed something on KO return. Dungey had a bad game - but is a competitor.

Bad:
Lots of stuff. Shafer got in their heads on O. So. Many. Drops. Really unlike a Babers team. D got gassed. Secondary got beat too much in the second, pressure wasn't getting there.

BS stuff:
Refs were bad. Missed a lot of holding and PI. Offsides on the DL. Shafer's cigar. Fans who applauded him showed more class. I think faking injury isn't "playing games" or "gamesmanship" - I think it's cheating. If a player gets hurt they should be out for the next play or maybe even the series. That dude who headshoted Dungey was a piece of work. Axe posting that Central Michigan was beating Kansas, posting how much we paid MTSU to beat us (like no one else does).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom