Quiet | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Quiet

Townie doesn’t show unless there is a full frontal attack on the zone …. He has an advanced cross technological notification system in that case
Full frontal!!

To all you whiny little snots out there, I don't like how this season went as much as anyone else. And I think there was too much daddy ball out there also. I agree JB is well past his prime and may need a permanent vacation on the golf course, but give the man respect for building a 50 year program that was as enjoyable as any other program in the nation. The amazing moments, as well as the sad defeats, were worth every second of his 50 year career. I agree he should of went out with his kids, but Big East Championships, Final Fours, and a National Championship to boot is more than anyone could of asked for out of a frigid northern town in New York. He is the Krzyzewski of the north and deserves every bit of respect for his effort and loyalty to the university. I can't say I agreed with everything about him but he won, flat out, he won a hell of a lot more than he lost and made us all spoiled. He was a Big East kingpin in the greatest basketball league known to America. If you young snobs don't know the history of Syracuse basketball, then stop posting. Boeheim gave us more than we deserved.
Key word here folks. SPOILED! Thats what most here are. Since 1980-81, Coach K has had 3 losing seasons and a 13-11 season just 2 years ago. 2 losing seasons in the ACC and two 500. Not counting the seasons where wins were vacated, this is the FIRST losing season in JB's career. 2 in the ACC schedule. Now I'm not defending JB's style, coaching ability or what ever but recognize his accomplishments and that he deserves better treatment than he is getting from many here

Key word here folks. SPOILED! Thats what most here are. Since 1980-81, Coach K has had 3 losing seasons and a 13-11 season just 2 years ago. 2 losing seasons in the ACC and two 500. Not counting the seasons where wins were vacated, this is the FIRST losing season in JB's career. 2 in the ACC schedule. Now I'm not defending JB's style, coaching ability or what ever but recognize his accomplishments and that he deserves better treatment than he is getting from many here

I continue to be amazed by this perception he is getting treated poorly here. That statement is wild to me. I would love to have you or anyone point to say one of my posts, that has been critical but very fair and spin it as hatred or being spoiled and unfair.

There have been some out of bounds posts. That happens everywhere. That said criticism has been almost unanimously showing respect to what he built and his legacy. It's been about moving forward so that his legacy is not undermined by a poor ending. It has been about looking out for the future of thr program. It has not been a bunch of spoiled fans trashing JB.

Also I think some who take a similar approach as you are now are blind to the criticism of actions vs the person. The aggressive criticism during pressers of players, the decisions that are hard to understand, the comments on transfers, just specific things that are part of the lack of results are not disrespecting him. It's just fan frustration funneling through specific concerns.

Last edited:
First of all, K has 5 national titles. Second of all, those few who knock JBs overall body of work are morons. Third, this season, while his first losing one, is the culmination of 8 years of regular season mediocrity with a couple of nice tourney runs tossed in. The program has been in decline for a while and the old man needs to hang it up

First of all, K has 5 national titles. Second of all, those few who knock JBs overall body of work are morons. Third, this season, while his first losing one, is the culmination of 8 years of regular season mediocrity with a couple of nice tourney runs tossed in. The program has been in decline for a while and the old man needs to hang it up
All frustration gets lumped together.

It’s a defense mechanism.
Make the other side look as extreme as possible.

People frustrated with the direction of the program are all haters of JB, want to rip him relentlessly and don’t have valid criticism.

Making all people frustrated disloyal idiots, who aren’t fans and just want to be miserable protects the status quo.
Well sorry to the people defending the status quo the frustration is getting to the athletic department they know its not hatred of the HC.

Can somebody explain Townie for me? Not asking for identity; just a clue about the unusual amount of respect he has here. A couple of years ago, I posted a Dome song lyric parody of a Skynyrd song, and used his name to fill it out, but for phonetic reasons I was having trouble with. I had no anti-Townie message, but he WAS checking in just to troll people, so that's why he came to mind.

Anyway,, the line "and I hope rllbees will remember" was even clunkier, so I went with Townie. When I posted it, another curious character, named Captain J, said "whoa, I can't believe you did that to him." All of a sudden, I felt like I was taking an innocent trickle off of London Bridge at midnight, only to be met with horrified gasps from below as the Queen Mother was passing beneath on a barge during a celebration (please don't ask why the Queen Mother would be on a barge at midnight; just fumbling for a workable metaphor here).

So is he local royalty? A mobster? Boeheim himself?

I continue to be amazed by this perception he is getting treated poorly here. That statement is wild to me. I would love to have you or anyone point to say one of my posts, that has been critical but very fair and spin it as hatred or being spoiled and unfair.

There have been some out of bounds posts. That happens everywhere. That said criticism has been almost unanimously showing respect to what he built and his legacy. It's been about moving forward so that his legacy is not undermined by a poor ending. It has been about looking out for the future of thr program. It has not been a bunch of spoiled fans trashing JB.

Also I think some who take a similar approach as you are now are blind to the criticism of actions vs the person. The aggressive criticism during pressers of players, the decisions that are hard to understand, the comments on transfers, just specific things that are part of the lack of results are not disrespecting him. It's just fan frustration funneling through specific concerns.
I have never called out person by name and in this instance was pointing out how many say "SU deserves " better which maybe true but they are using the benchmark established by the man they want gone. I really protest against posters who say JB set the team up the past 4 years just for Buddy and this past one too include Jimmy jr saying how he put them above the team. From his past deeds I say the man has standards and is very competitive. He's always plays who he sees is the best more, who give the team the best chance to win. I don't agree with alot but I hate when people tare down the man not just his results.

Townie doesn’t show unless there is a full frontal attack on the zone …. He has an advanced cross technological notification system in that case
What about dodgeball though?

All frustration gets lumped together.

It’s a defense mechanism.
Make the other side look as extreme as possible.

People frustrated with the direction of the program are all haters of JB, want to rip him relentlessly and don’t have valid criticism.

Making all people frustrated disloyal idiots, who aren’t fans and just want to be miserable protects the status quo.
Well sorry to the people defending the status quo the frustration is getting to the athletic department they know its not hatred of the HC.
No disrespect, but I’m having trouble following your post. It’s a bit jumbled up, very generalized and non-specific.

I don’t hate JB. Lifelong fan. But I do worry about the direction of the program sinking deeper and deeper to the point where it gets more difficult to recover. We need to change the direction and start building for a future. The future isn’t with JB. It’s not disrespecting JB to say that, it’s just a fact. Old man time is undefeated.

I don’t want this program to sink any deeper to the point we become St John’s. One or two more years like this past year and we could be in a hole so deep that we never recover.

It’s ironic that Coach K just lost a home game to North Carolina. He just led in a game to Carolina two weeks ago 33-8, but yesterday he all of a sudden forgot how to coach. I guess once you’re over 70 things crash pretty quickly.
maybe being over two weeks ago, he forgot how they led UNCheaters 33-8!! I know what it is like to "forget"!!!

Can somebody explain Townie for me? Not asking for identity; just a clue about the unusual amount of respect he has here. A couple of years ago, I posted a Dome song lyric parody of a Skynyrd song, and used his name to fill it out, but for phonetic reasons I was having trouble with. I had no anti-Townie message, but he WAS checking in just to troll people, so that's why he came to mind.

Anyway,, the line "and I hope rllbees will remember" was even clunkier, so I went with Townie. When I posted it, another curious character, named Captain J, said "whoa, I can't believe you did that to him." All of a sudden, I felt like I was taking an innocent trickle off of London Bridge at midnight, only to be met with horrified gasps from below as the Queen Mother was passing beneath on a barge during a celebration (please don't ask why the Queen Mother would be on a barge at midnight; just fumbling for a workable metaphor here).

So is he local royalty? A mobster? Boeheim himself?
He is the Boeheim whisperer

No disrespect, but I’m having trouble following your post. It’s a bit jumbled up, very generalized and non-specific.

I don’t hate JB. Lifelong fan. But I do worry about the direction of the program sinking deeper and deeper to the point where it gets more difficult to recover. We need to change the direction and start building for a future. The future isn’t with JB. It’s not disrespecting JB to say that, it’s just a fact. Old man time is undefeated.

I don’t want this program to sink any deeper to the point we become St John’s. One or two more years like this past year and we could be in a hole so deep that we never recover.

...which is why we can't afford to hire an unproven commodity, cross our fingers, and "see what happens."

Agree 100% -- the program has slipped to the point where we no longer have the luxury of a 2-3 year test run while an AC gets on the job training.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom