Quincy Guerrier. Love him or hate him, he had a pretty good career | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier. Love him or hate him, he had a pretty good career

I don’t think it’s all Quincy’s fault or that post was directed at him entirely. Fact is he was pushed out for Swider and Benny Williams who most of this forum assumed would be better than Quincy from day 1.

We got worse without him.

Oregon got better without him. Illini about the same but they had guys at that position I think would have been better prior years. Mullet Baylor dude doesn’t bend over and shot the bed like Quincy last night.
100% correct. We absolutely downgraded after he left.

I hate this entire NIL / Portal thing, but to blame players for doing what is well within the rules is crazy to me.

I don’t think it’s all Quincy’s fault or that post was directed at him entirely. Fact is he was pushed out for Swider and Benny Williams who most of this forum assumed would be better than Quincy from day 1.

We got worse without him.

Oregon got better without him. Illini about the same but they had guys at that position I think would have been better prior years. Mullet Baylor dude doesn’t bend over and shot the bed like Quincy last night.
I’m not sure Oregon got “better” without him, in fact their regular season stats and record was better with him on the team. I certainly don’t think Anyone would look at the roster the last 3 years and say “oh, Quincy was the problem.” Again, sounds a bit more like sour grapes.

I don't think Quincy was impactful at Oregon or Illinois. He was good for us. I don't think he was better than Swider.

Quincy averaged 13.7 ppg and 8.4 rebounds during his sophomore season at SU, but never produced those kind of numbers any other year. He averaged less than 10 points and around 5 rebounds during his college career and I doubt any Oregon or Illinois fans would call what he did at those schools great. I was surprised by how little he did in most of his games that I saw after he left Syracuse.

Elite 8. Great career.

Don’t be a hater and don’t question anything.

He transferred once as an underclassman and then for his graduate/covid year. Considering some other examples out there, I'd hardly consider QG everything that is wrong with college sports.
3 teams in 5 years. Stats have gotten worse ever since he left. Poster child for the grass isn't greener. He got to an elite 8 and lost by 30.

3 teams in 5 years. Stats have gotten worse ever since he left. Poster child for the grass isn't greener. He got to an elite 8 and lost by 30.
The individual stats is one thing, but I'm not going to mock anyone for making the elite 8 at this point, no matter how many they lost by.

I don’t dislike him but it took me a minute to realize who he was when his name came on the screen. By now I would have thought he graduated.

Elite 8. Great career.

Don’t be a hater and don’t question anything.
I like Quincy and pulled for him to do well at Oregon. After his sophomore season, I expected him to do better than he did the last three years. I'm glad he was on a highly ranked team that had a great run in the NCAAs this year, but just because I don't think he had a great college career doesn't mean I hate the guy.

I like Quincy and pulled for him to do well at Oregon. After his sophomore season, I expected him to do better than he did the last three years. I'm glad he was on a highly ranked team that had a great run in the NCAAs this year, but just because I don't think he had a great college career doesn't mean I hate the guy.
This is where I am.

Why would anyone hate Q? I don't get that. He represented well when he was with us and I don't think his exit was all on him. Either way, I really liked the young man (especially his free throw routine - that was the best).
Q was a warrior in his time with Cuse. If i recall he left because he wanted the ability to showcase his shooting game and he wasn’t going to be able to do that with what we had at Cuse. All in all it didn’t exactly work out but i don’t blame him for trying. Nothing but respect for him

Sour grapes lol he maximized his opportunity and earnings. He got to learn and improve in various environments and saw success everywhere he went.

I’m sure you feel the same way about people who transfer to different college for academics, “everything wrong with academia”
You still feeling the same now that our best player just entered the portal?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom