Quincy Guerrier. Love him or hate him, he had a pretty good career | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier. Love him or hate him, he had a pretty good career

Day2

Living Legend
Two Sweet 16s and an Elite 8. Improved his three-point shooting every year. Kinda wild to see him listed as a guard at Illinois. The Illini had a great year, they just ran into a buzzsaw last night.

Maybe we’ll see him suit up for Boeheim’s Army someday.

Watching him this year, I was reminded of his time with us. Often impressive and valuable, but mixed in with at least a few head-scratching plays per game. Tantalizing talent/ability not fully realized, imo.
I appreciate his time with us, tho

He would have been a huge piece for us the following season. Imagine him at PF with Girard, Buddy and Swider shooting from the perimeter? He’d have had a lot of open space to work.
He would have helped for sure if he played like he did here his soph year not like he did at Oregon. In Oregon his rebounding #s dropped and I couldn’t believe that he took more threes than 2 fga his 2 years there, living standing on the perimeter.

He would have helped for sure if he played like he did here his soph year not like he did at Oregon. In Oregon his rebounding #s dropped and I couldn’t believe that he took more threes than 2 fga his 2 years there, living standing on the perimeter.
Our defense with him vs defense with Jimmy would have been night and day.

As it turns out, the new world of transfer portal may help us more than hurt us. I don’t care. I hate it.
He transferred once as an underclassman and then for his graduate/covid year. Considering some other examples out there, I'd hardly consider QG everything that is wrong with college sports.

Last edited:
I didn’t see the entire game yesterday but he looked horrible in what I did see. Not wishing any ill on him. He wasn’t a fit here with how he wanted to play so he moved on, which was the right decision.

Everyone on Illinois looked horrible.
No the rest of the team looked great first half he basically gave UConn points every time he touched the ball.

After halftime that pathetic run they gave up of course was on all of them not just him.

Had to throw this one out there. I was at the sweet 16 game Thursday and in warm-ups Quincy went up for a dunk. Completely stuffed by the front of the rim. It made me think about all those times we thought he was playing with a pulled groin or something when the truth of the matter is the kid just isn’t that athletic. He played as hard as he could that night as he did every other game I’ve ever seen him.

Last edited:
Sorry, but he’s everything that’s wrong with college sports.
Sour grapes lol he maximized his opportunity and earnings. He got to learn and improve in various environments and saw success everywhere he went.

I’m sure you feel the same way about people who transfer to different college for academics, “everything wrong with academia”

Last edited:
Had a great 5 year career. Wish he was on our team in 2021-22 but you know how it goes
Quincy averaged 13.7 ppg and 8.4 rebounds during his sophomore season at SU, but never produced those kind of numbers any other year. He averaged less than 10 points and around 5 rebounds during his college career and I doubt any Oregon or Illinois fans would call what he did at those schools great. I was surprised by how little he did in most of his games that I saw after he left Syracuse.

Why would anyone hate Q? I don't get that. He represented well when he was with us and I don't think his exit was all on him. Either way, I really liked the young man (especially his free throw routine - that was the best).

Sour grapes lol be maximized his opportunity and earnings. He got learn and improve in various environments and saw success everywhere he went.

I’m sure you feel the same way about people who transfer to different college for academics, “everything wrong with academia”
I don’t think it’s all Quincy’s fault or that post was directed at him entirely. Fact is he was pushed out for Swider and Benny Williams who most of this forum assumed would be better than Quincy from day 1.

We got worse without him.

Oregon got better without him. Illini about the same but they had guys at that position I think would have been better prior years. Mullet Baylor dude doesn’t bend over and shot the bed like Quincy last night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom