Quincy Guerrier named ACC Player of the Week | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier named ACC Player of the Week

Well deserved! He's playing well so far.

Q still hasn't reached his ceiling, which is awesome news. As he further develops, I hope to see him:

-perform this way regularly against better competition
-continue to hit the outside jumper consistently (7 for 16 is a good start, but it's too small a sample size to know how well he'll shoot given higher volume. Still, a little over two three-pointers a game for him is perfect at the moment)
-attack off the dribble against great defenders
-improve his FT% (69% isn't horrible, but if he could get closer to 75%-80% with how much he is fouled - 42 FT attempts so far this year, six per game, which could be upped if we feed him more often - he'd punish teams)
-improve his passing (one assist per game is fairly low considering the team's balanced scoring, though it's true we don't run many sets where he's the playmaker)
-understand his defensive responsibilities more so he can react instinctively to specific situations, shut down passes to the corner by taking better angles when bumping, and close out more effectively

Though Marek is likely the most valuable player on the team, Q is its best player. In my opinion, he possesses the most upside on the team (admittedly, Kadary and Griffin may challenge that assertion).

He plays like a warrior !!! I love his energy and his game.

Begs the question of why he is not used more when some of our guards are having those 1 for 10 trey shooting games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom