Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Quincy doesn’t deal well with JB, he better not go to Michigan State. He’ll eat him up if he plays no defense there.

since this is your post saying Quincy could be 3rd team all ACC.

will jimmy jr be second team?

We will have achieved perfection this February when Girard, Boeheim, Boeheim, and Swidet all log forty in a five point loss at home to NC State and JB goes off about Bennys +/- in that one game that one time. I have seen the future folks.
Benny does seem to be the logical choice for the player that will be our doghouse guy.

I feel sick.

His former prep coach and longtime mentor Ibrahim Appiah described Guerrier’s reasons for entering the transfer portal as “personal.”

Syracuse next season will have 5-star 2021 recruit Benny Williams, plus transfers Cole Swider and Jimmy Boeheim at the forward spots. Appiah was asked whether the current Orange forward situation factored into Guerrier’s decision to look elsewhere.

“I don’t think that’s something he really wants to get into the details. He assessed it, he thought about it and he just came with the decision. As far as the particular reason, I guess that’s just unnecessary details,” Appiah said in an evening phone conversation. “I kind of feel bad jumping in and answering that for him. I know he wants to keep it personal at the moment because it wasn’t an easy decision for him to make.”
Reading between the lines seems like something non basketball related if he ends up transferring. But seems unlikely. Just my gut from reading those quotes.

since this is your post saying Quincy could be 3rd team all ACC.

will jimmy jr be second team?
I’m just saying if he doesn’t like someone getting after him, he will freak out with Izzo. I wish Quincy was coming back, but I’m not sure we aren’t better at forward with Benny, Cole and Jim, Jr. Benny is better than all of them, including Quincy. I wouldn’t be surprised if Benny doesn’t make one of the all ACC teams.

I’m just saying if he doesn’t like someone getting after him, he will freak out with Izzy. I wish Quincy was coming back, but I’m not sure we aren’t better at forward with Benny, Cole and Jim, Jr. Benny is better than all of them, including Quincy. I wouldn’t be surprised if Benny doesn’t make one of the all ACC teams.
You said Jimmy Jr was a better overall player than Quincy, no?

Remember the days before Covid? There was very little activity on the board in the evenings. Now, it just seems to get started.

I’m just saying if he doesn’t like someone getting after him, he will freak out with Izzo. I wish Quincy was coming back, but I’m not sure we aren’t better at forward with Benny, Cole and Jim, Jr. Benny is better than all of them, including Quincy. I wouldn’t be surprised if Benny doesn’t make one of the all ACC teams.
Benny hasn't played a minute of college ball. People on this board overhype the freshmen because they have the benefit of the unknown. Rarely do any of them live up to the hype. The goal for Bennie is to make all-rookie team in the ACC. People expect him to be a lottery pick after year 1. Come back to reality.

You can start every game but not be 100%. Please remember back to those game where he would “start” and then limp around

I don’t remember that his junior year

Is he really intimidated by Cole and Jimmy Jr ? Threatening his PT.

Wow. If your an NBA guy you wouldn't think anything.

A classy farewell.
He'll be great somewhere else (is there a better player in the portal?)
From the Syracuse perspective...this is the biggest player debacle I've ever seen.

theres plenty of better players in the portal although some may have already picked schools.

I said Cole and Jimmy have better skills. I stand by that statement.
th

Is he really intimidated by Cole and Jimmy Jr ? Threatening his PT.

Wow. If your an NBA guy you wouldn't think anything.

No, which is why it must be something else. What that is, I don’t know.

This thread is officially a cesspool of cynicism and armchair expertise. Im thinking I'm going to root for Seton Hall next year and see how it feels I recommend everyone join the bandwagon. They are the better program for sure and have a real shot to win unlike us. Let's do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom