Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coach his sons is fine.
Go out of his way to change how he handles rotations because it affects his son is another thing.

If Jimmy wanted to be bench depth here then good for JB. If JB is getting this kid minutes because he is son and changing how he handles rotations then that major league bullchit.
As dasher would say, let’s wait and see.

Add another forward. That is the only thing to focus on right now. This is not all the sudden something unexpected nor does it crash the whole season like I am seeing as a kneejerk response. This will not be the worst defense in the zones history, it just won't.

If we play a true center as it looks we will the zone will already be a step up vs what some of you expect. Chill out.

I'm worried more about why QG left than the talent of the team still here. When a future AA leaves I have questions. Its fair to separate that from next year's team and the success it can have.

I'm worried more about why QG left than the talent of the team still here. When a future AA leaves I have questions. Its fair to separate that from next year's team and the success it can have.
if he end up going pro, I honestly don’t think it’s an issue at all.
the mentors words are interesting but it could be many reasons

Benny Williams, Cole Swider, Symir Torrance, Junior, and Kamari Lands all say hi.
All the guys who left also say hi. I just don't get it. Leaving for the NBA is one thing leaving for another school? He would be a star on next year's team.

if he end up going pro, I honestly don’t think it’s an issue at all.
the mentors words are interesting but it could be many reasons

Yeah. Pro is not an issue but transfer bothers me. Just don't get why. I mean QG was a shell of the player he was the first half of the season where he was dominant at times.

Add another forward. That is the only thing to focus on right now. This is not all the sudden something unexpected nor does it crash the whole season like I am seeing as a kneejerk response. This will not be the worst defense in the zones history, it just won't.

If we play a true center as it looks we will the zone will already be a step up vs what some of you expect. Chill out.

Why he left - was to test the NBA draft waters.

Why he’s not coming back - see above.

We couldn’t wait around to see if he was gonna stay or go, so we didn’t.
And he sees that it’s not a given that he’ll get sufficient minutes to really show out next season, so he wants to have the option to go someplace where he can.

It’s no condemnation of the program or JB or any other #narrative.
Remaining at Syracuse would no longer be in his best interest. So he’s not.

Not buying what? He put his name in the draft. JB didn't do that to him. He did it. When you do something like that, or enter the portal, you have to be prepared for the school to move on. Newsflash, that is probably why Frank didn't put his name in the portal. He didn't want to be replaced while still wanting to stay at Syracuse.
Also the minute he put his name in the portal despite saying he was thinking of going pro, he could be immediately contacted by other programs - he obviously was contacted and made the decision unfortunately. JB didn’t make his decision for him nor force it. JB had to accept it. Am I confused , did he originally announce his intention to try for the NBA and put his name in the transfer portal or did he just officially enter the portal today?

All the guys who left also say hi. I just don't get it. Leaving for the NBA is one thing leaving for another school? He would be a star on next year's team.
You asked if we can ever get good news. The answer is yes.

Why he left - was to test the NBA draft waters.

Why he’s not coming back - see above.

We couldn’t wait around to see if he was gonna stay or go, so we didn’t.
And he sees that it’s not a given that he’ll get sufficient minutes to really show out next season, so he wants to have the option to go someplace where he can.

It’s no condemnation of the program or JB or any other #narrative.
Remaining at Syracuse would no longer be in his best interest. So he’s not.

I hear all of that. It's hard not to frown on the AD as a whole and be concerned we have a culture problem across multiple sports even if each one carries its own problem. I am happy to be wrong and lay it all on CoVid which for sure isn't unfair given the unprecedented past 13 months.

It's been a neverending disappointment of announcements and feedback around all of this to date. It may take until 2022 until the air is a bit clearer.

How’s Benny’s face up game?

How’s Benny’s back to the basket game?

Is Benny an elite leaper?

If he’s got a more downhill game I like giving him the burn and the touches over Q.

I hear all of that. It's hard not to frown on the AD as a whole and be concerned we have a culture problem across multiple sports even if each one carries its own problem. I am happy to be wrong and lay it all on CoVid which for sure isn't unfair given the unprecedented past 13 months.

It's been a neverending disappointment of announcements and feedback around all of this to date. It may take until 2022 until the air is a bit clearer.

Huh?

One sport has literally nothing to do with another. Other than the colors and the block S.

We’ve got a shiny new Dome.

Football had a crap year, but we’ve got most of the best guys returning, kept the recruiting class, and got some impact transfers.

Basketball coming off a Sweet Sixteen run, finished the season ranked, and we’ve got a 5* stud in Benny and 3 solid transfers inbound.

Ladies Lax has overcome 2 massive injury losses to continue kicking ass.

EVERYTHING has a massive asterisk on it this year.

It would be foolish and incredibly short-sighted to make sweeping generalizations about the Syracuse AD based on a pandemic year when unrestricted free agency was unleashed.

Huh?

One sport has literally nothing to do with another. Other than the colors and the block S.

We’ve got a shiny new Dome.

Football had a crap year, but we’ve got most of the best guys returning, kept the recruiting class, and got some impact transfers.

Basketball coming off a Sweet Sixteen run, finished the season ranked, and we’ve got a 5* stud in Benny and 3 solid transfers inbound.

Ladies Lax has overcome 2 massive injury losses to continue kicking ass.

EVERYTHING has a massive asterisk on it this year.

It would be foolish and incredibly short-sighted to make sweeping generalizations about the Syracuse AD based on a pandemic year when unrestricted free agency was unleashed.

All of this is why I pointed to 2022 at the end of my response. It has been an ugly year at times and an ugly spring for 3 major programs. There is no getting around that. But it's in a vacuum of madness too. Thus it's easier to assess when the dust settles than in the middle of things right now. I'm also not ready to give it a full pass - it's fair to wait and see things out. It's also fair to have concerns too.

There is nothing worth claiming a total calamity or total victory yet but there is plenty worth watching given the challenges.

adbd3b3e84a90d75ad3889a800d53a17.gif

Thread should be interesting when I wake up tomorrow. Might be an even better laugh to once over next year when we're in the sweet sixteen. Hardcore drama? No problem. We keep rolling. Every. Single. Time.

I took a week off from the board because it seemed like every day I was signing on there would be transfers, suspensions, major injuries, and so on with players of any of the various Cuse athletics teams. I sign on tonight for the first time since last Friday and this is first thing I see. Lol

I took a week off from the board because it seemed like every day I was signing on there would be transfers, suspensions, major injuries, and so on with players of any of the various Cuse athletics teams. I sign on tonight for the first time since last Friday and this is first thing I see. Lol
Well played!

In thinking about next year's team I had already excluded Quincy because it seems that when our guys 'test the waters' they go. The transfer portal thing makes more sense to him than to me as I think he would have started over Swider and Boeheim. As to needing a fourth forward, I again wish Woody Newton had stayed. Jimmy B will be here just the one year and Benny Williams may prove to be a one and done. Who are we going to get as a fourth forward or fourth guard when everyone wants to play now?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors