Quint: 2022 Preseason Top 20 | Syracusefan.com

Quint: 2022 Preseason Top 20

This one could be seen coming from a mile away!

His ranking from 1-12 seems at least reasonable. From 13 on, I question most of his picks but whatever...

Yeah, it's Quint. Whereas I don't think Terry Foy was trying to draw headlines by leaving 'Cuse out, Quint definitely did. Oh well. Quint has said in the past that you shouldn't factor scrimmage results into picks, but he makes reference to the Michigan loss in these rankings. I'm sure that factored into things for him.

Why does anyone care about these or any other rankings? Asking earnestly.
Interesting to see where other people who take lax seriously think we stand I guess. The are they right or are they stupid convos are good fun

i also hold big grudges so respect Qs consistency in hating all things Orange and looking for the opportunity to light us up

It must have been painful for him to put together the UVa write-up. He's hated us ever since his official visit ended.

His comment about Colin Kirst being "by a large margin, the best goalie in the country" is quite the statement. Kirst only got his first chance to be a regular starter in 2021 after being a backup at Lehigh. While I respect that Quint was a standout goalie himself, saying Kirst is much better than McElroy, Adler, Krieg, Entenmann etc. seems ridiculous to me. Any goalie comparisons are tough given different team defences, schedules etc.

Hiltz or no Hiltz, just shows how much the program has nose dived in recent years.

It must have been painful for him to put together the UVa write-up. He's hated us ever since his official visit ended.
ha. i had him. and kraus that weekend.. it's fine. we got kraus.

He likes UVa a lot more than he likes the Terps.
I remember him dropping the Terps to #16 early in the season one year, and the Terps ended up in the NCAA final game.

imo, Quint has always been fair to Cuse as has Foy . believe Quint would have had us in top twenty if Hiltz weren't injured . One player that offense couldn't lose
and the last 7 teams in Quint's top 20 are all powerhouses.

Hiltz or no Hiltz, just shows how much the program has nose dived in recent years.
Programs future is bright. Give it some time with a new staff. Best recruiting class in the country coming in next year.

Programs future is bright. Give it some time with a new staff. Best recruiting class in the country coming in next year.
Sure, I’m fully aware. Just speaking about the current condition. Never thought we’d see SU lax fall this far.

He likes UVa a lot more than he likes the Terps.
I remember him dropping the Terps to #16 early in the season one year, and the Terps ended up in the NCAA final game.
One would expect no less from a JHU guy.

Sure, I’m fully aware. Just speaking about the current condition. Never thought we’d see SU lax fall this far.
We have endured down times and the landscape is more competitive than ever. Desko stays on and there is a waaay larger emphasis on the portal this off-season. This new staff appears to be more focused on getting their plans in place and getting their guys for the future. We can survive a bad year, and this year isn’t an automatic death March either. See where we are at when things get more settled in. It’s about how you finish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom