Quint: Parity is Creating Chaos | Syracusefan.com

Quint: Parity is Creating Chaos

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard

Syracuse (4-0) is unblemished, but isn't scaring opponents like they once did. Hopkins is off to a bumpy start highlighted by injuries and sloppy play. Maryland can't seem to shoot straight. Those cornerstone programs have always dealt with the pressure to win. Times have changed. Lofty expectations are now a universal trait.

---

Playing time is a major consideration. Do I want to go to Syracuse and be redshirted or go to Notre Dame and warm the bench? Or do I want to be a trailblazer and make a name for myself at a new program like Marquette, Richmond, Michigan, Hampton or Boston U.?

Parity schmarity. Come Memorial Day weekend you will seem the same teams you always see. The only possible sea change I see is if additional FB athletic powerhouses in the ACC and/or SEC decided to take up the game. Like ND, these schools would have the ability to build, stock and field a competitive program very quickly. Think Florida, FSU, Clemson etc.

Parity schmarity. Come Memorial Day weekend you will seem the same teams you always see. The only possible sea change I see is if additional FB athletic powerhouses in the ACC and/or SEC decided to take up the game. Like ND, these schools would have the ability to build, stock and field a competitive program very quickly. Think Florida, FSU, Clemson etc.

In the last 20 years, the only FBS school to add a Men's LAX program was Michigan. Most FBS schools have the same issues with adding LAX as Syracuse does with adding Baseball ... Title IX. If you fund another Men's sport, you have to fund an additional Women's sport as well.

IMO, you have a better chance of seeing LAX at Boston College than you would at a southern school ... at least BC played D1 LAX recently, and they currently have a club team.

In the last 20 years, the only FBS school to add a Men's LAX program was Michigan. Most FBS schools have the same issues with adding LAX as Syracuse does with adding Baseball ... Title IX. If you fund another Men's sport, you have to fund an additional Women's sport as well.

IMO, you have a better chance of seeing LAX at Boston College than you would at a southern school ... at least BC played D1 LAX recently, and they currently have a club team.

Exactly, that's why almost all the new teams are from schools like Furman, High Point, Richmond, Marequette, whats the common denominator 1- No Div 1 football. As much as people want to see the SEC and Pac 12 schools add teams its not going to happen. Michigan is also a cautionary tale as many thought they would transition quickly and be competitive, its year 4 I believe and there no way near a top 25 team.