Quint's Mid-Season Top 20: No More Undefeateds (IL) | Syracusefan.com

Quint's Mid-Season Top 20: No More Undefeateds (IL)

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
We're just over half-way through the Division I season and, after Syracuse fell to Notre Dame in double overtime last Saturday, every team has a blemish on its schedule.

That means there's plenty of room for interpretation in the Top 20. .

2. Syracuse (7-1) — And then there were none. Everybody has a loss. The Duke blowout did not serve as an ideal prep, nor did the off-the-field shenanigans. So I was not surprised that Notre Dame beat Syracuse in South Bend on Saturday. This was the third-straight time ND vs. SU was decided by a single goal. I was surprised to see the Orange defense surrender 13 goals in the process. Sloppiness against a good team gets punished. Down 9-3 in the third quarter, SU came alive behind seven goals from Dylan Donahue. The nation’s most under-rated player has 29 markers. If you're a young offensive player, you must watch how No. 17 moves without the ball, always a step ahead, always putting his defender in a tough decision-making spot. Kevin Rice now has 100 assists in 50 career games.

Orange host Albany in the Dome on Thursday.

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/quint-s-mid-season-top-20-no-more-undefeateds/31484

Quint makes a good point in that article.If you're Syracuse you do not want to fall below a 2 seed or so going into the NCAA tournament given that Denver hosts the quarterfinals this year. (Assuming Denver finishes at 4, 5 or 6 seed).

Quint makes a good point in that article.If you're Syracuse you do not want to fall below a 2 seed or so going into the NCAA tournament given that Denver hosts the quarterfinals this year. (Assuming Denver finishes at 4, 5 or 6 seed).

Suppose we finish at #1, and Denver finishes at #8? ;)

I really do not think that the off the field stuff had anything to do with this game. The McGinley stuff was after Hopkins wasn't it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom