Quint's Top 20: Embrace the Chaos | Syracusefan.com

Quint's Top 20: Embrace the Chaos

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
6. Syracuse — Escaping Queens with a win over St. John's on a weekend that saw teams like Penn, Hopkins, Loyola, Navy, Notre Dame and North Carolina fall, keeps the Orange hovering in the top 10. A 5-0 lead dissipated into a 6-4 halftime advantage, as the Red Storm dominated the second quarter. Playing outside the warmth of the Dome for the first time this year, ‘Cuse didn't appear to relish the 27-degree temperatures and 19-mph wind gusts. SU is 4-1 with one-goal wins over Albany, Virginia and St. John's. Nick Mariano has 20 points, and Sergio Salcido has 18 points on 15% shooting.

The Orange visit Homewood Field this Saturday. If you foul the Jays, the band will play. #Otto

Quint's Top 20: Embrace the Chaos

i guess i didn't realize the weather was that bad in Queens. And now i'm perplexed how Albany/MD was canceled and not Syracuse/StJohns.

i guess i didn't realize the weather was that bad in Queens. And now i'm perplexed how Albany/MD was canceled and not Syracuse/StJohns.

Everyone looked really cold. Desko had on a giant coat.

If Syracuse lost as badly to Towson they would have left the top 25. Somewhere I saw Syracuse listed as 17.

I hope we crush Hopkins. Granted we are not playing our best lacrosse right now but the lone loss was primarily due to Ben Williams absence. Hopefully this weekend it all comes together.

Everyone looked really cold. Desko had on a giant coat.

If Syracuse lost as badly to Towson they would have left the top 25. Somewhere I saw Syracuse listed as 17.

I hope we crush Hopkins. Granted we are not playing our best lacrosse right now but the lone loss was primarily due to Ben Williams absence. Hopefully this weekend it all comes together.
If Hopkins has huge problems at the X and we have Ben Williams healthy. I hope the offense puts it together and Hopkins never even sees the ball.

If Hopkins has huge problems at the X and we have Ben Williams healthy. I hope the offense puts it together and Hopkins never even sees the ball.
I believe they do have problems at the X. Better hope that the weather is decent.

I think Ben is gutting it out, he doesn't appear 100% to me. Perhaps with another week of rest and treatment he can get close. The wing play continues to be abysmal we have to do something there. We have a roster of 60+ guys lets get someone hungry for PT out there.

I think Ben is gutting it out, he doesn't appear 100% to me. Perhaps with another week of rest and treatment he can get close. The wing play continues to be abysmal we have to do something there. We have a roster of 60+ guys lets get someone hungry for PT out there.
Noticed Dearth on the wing last week, I like that. The one problem I always have is that when we have guys like Shwasnick or Paduda on the wing, they have below average passing and stick skills for D-1 players, we sorely miss Matt Abbott & Joel White.

Noticed Dearth on the wing last week, I like that. The one problem I always have is that when we have guys like Shwasnick or Paduda on the wing, they have below average passing and stick skills for D-1 players, we sorely miss Matt Abbott & Joel White.

Schwasnick did a nice job last year on the wing but hasn't been nearly as good this season. I would like to see Dearth and Bomberry on the wings with Schwasnick and another long pole as the backup.

id like to see the team's best short stick ground baller on the wing.

Schwasnick did a nice job last year on the wing but hasn't been nearly as good this season. I would like to see Dearth and Bomberry on the wings with Schwasnick and another long pole as the backup.
Schwasnick was not in uniform this weekend.

And to the poster above about the temp, yes it was that cold and windy at field level. SJU has a varsity lax field vibe to it. Fans were able to watch at field level on the track and it was windy

Schwasnick was not in uniform this weekend.

And to the poster above about the temp, yes it was that cold and windy at field level. SJU has a varsity lax field vibe to it. Fans were able to watch at field level on the track and it was windy

That explains why I didn't remember seeing him yesterday and why there were different short sticks on the wing. I actually kind of like giving Dearth some run there. We need to change up the long poles though, we get out hustled every time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom