R-E-S-P-E-C-T | Syracusefan.com

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Crusty

Living Legend
The program is on the rise and we are at the very least a dangerous opponent. We just beat a Big 10 teams that everybody picked to beat us by 5. Every game we are a dog - even at home. It is about damn time we got some respect. Yeah, you ESPN.
  1. We have two winning seasons in a row - 15-10 combined. Beat Mizzou, Louisville, WVA, MN.
  2. Back-to-back bowl seasons; 3 of last 4 seasons.
  3. Won last 3 bowls in a row (5 of last 6).
  4. Co-Champions Big East and Third in ACC Atlantic Division last two seasons.
  5. Two first round Draft Choices last two years.
  6. We have the best draft class we have had in years and years.
Pay freakin attention!

We are on the rise and becoming a good program again. National TV blow outs dont help. If we had played a little tougher against Clemson and GT things would have been different. It is also very hard to get on the radar when you start off with a few loses. Next year we will start to get some press.

We are on the rise and becoming a good program again. National TV blow outs dont help. If we had played a little tougher against Clemson and GT things would have been different. It is also very hard to get on the radar when you start off with a few loses. Next year we will start to get some press.

Next year we'll enter the season with a lot fewer question marks than we did this year, and quite a bit of established talent on both sides of the ball. We should hit the ground running next year [instead of struggling to find our offensive identity from the jump]. The table is set for a very solid year next year. Hope our players rise to the occasion; I'm confident that they will.

Bingo...can't start off every year at 0-2 or 1-3. First impressions last! That's why we don't get respect. And when we win eyeballs outside the "SU Fanbase" view it as a huge upset or some minor miracle.

Also the national TV blowouts must end. Losing to Clemson and FSU...no problem losing to them every year, it's gonna happen. Losing badly and in an embarrassing manor in front of the world though needs to stop.

Bingo...can't start off every year at 0-2 or 1-3. First impressions last! That's why we don't get respect. And when we win eyeballs outside the "SU Fanbase" view it as a huge upset or some minor miracle.

Also the national TV blowouts must end. Losing to Clemson and FSU...no problem losing to them every year, it's gonna happen. Losing badly and in an embarrassing manor in front of the world though needs to stop.

Well, we're certainly not going to lose to them EVERY year. We used to beat Miami once in a while when they were kings of the roost. We had Fla State on the ropes at the Dome in 2004, and we crushed Clemson in a bowl game the time before last that we played them. We'll get our share of wins against these teams.

Exactly. I bet if you asked the average ESPN staffer who had a better season - us or BC - they would choose BC. It's close, but we beat them head to head... It's all in perception - blowouts vs. keeping it close.

Well, we're certainly not going to lose to them EVERY year. We used to beat Miami once in a while when they were kings of the roost. We had Fla State on the ropes at the Dome in 2004, and we crushed Clemson in a bowl game the time before last that we played them. We'll get our share of wins against these teams.
You gotta go back to 2004 to a game we lost vs FSU and close to 20 years for a Clemson game as an example? Those days are long gone. Both have gone to a different level and unfortunately so has SU. We will lose to those 2 schools for many many years. That isn't a knock on SU but a tip of the cap as to where FSU and Clemson have taken their programs.

They should be 3-0 heading into the game at Met Life vs Notre Dame next year. Win that, get to 4-0 and more people will start talking. "Syracuse? they use to be really good, maybe they're rising back up."

You gotta go back to 2004 to a game we lost vs FSU and close to 20 years for a Clemson game as an example? Those days are long gone. Both have gone to a different level and unfortunately so has SU. We will lose to those 2 schools for many many years. That isn't a knock on SU but a tip of the cap as to where FSU and Clemson have taken their programs.

Disagree. FSU and Clemson aren't going to be this good every year. FSU has their best team since the 90's this year. They aren't always like this.

Clemson is also normally not this good. They are both "up" right now. While they will continue to be strong, they won't stay "up" like this every single season.

Even on the morning after. You find something negative to point out about Syracuse Football program.
Not being negative. In fact my post was very positive when I joined this thread. But when people start thinking we will be beating FSU and Clemson, I mean come on!

It's all in recruiting. If we close out this class and bring a better class next - there is a good chance we'll be much more competitive. I think Clemson isn't the behemoth that FSU looks like either. They had a senior QB who play in the NFL throwing to an NFL WR. If they ever lose their OC - I could see them stepping down some.

I think next years schedule is looking a touch easier too.

Disagree. FSU and Clemson aren't going to be this good every year. FSU has their best team since the 90's this year. They aren't always like this.

Clemson is also normally not this good. They are both "up" right now. While they will continue to be strong, they won't stay "up" like this every single season.
Hope you are right...got a feeling you are dead wrong

FSU hasn't taken their program anywhere. They've been an elite institution in college football for a long long time.

You gotta go back to 2004 to a game we lost vs FSU and close to 20 years for a Clemson game as an example? .

Yes because we have not played fsu or clemson much over the years. You want more recent? We kick the snot out of Wvu, who in turn kicks the snot out of clemson. The hill to climb is not as big as some want to believe.

Not being negative. In fact my post was very positive when I joined this thread. But when people start thinking we will be beating FSU and Clemson, I mean come on!

It's what you're not saying. You're implying we'll never be competitive with them - and college football history doesn't back you up. Right now? Yes. Next year? Probably. Beyond? Who the hell knows?

And we have legitimate great players in the NFL in Chan, Art, and Pugh.

FSU hasn't taken their program anywhere. They've been an elite institution in college football for a long long time.
They were 7-6 a few years back losing to the likes of Kentucky and Wake Forest

It's what you're not saying. You're implying we'll never be competitive with them - and college football history doesn't back you up. Right now? Yes. Next year? Probably. Beyond? Who the hell knows?
You are reading too much in-between the lines and getting yourself worked up over nothing.

You are reading too much in-between the lines and getting yourself worked up over nothing.

Okay. So you'll admit in two years we can beat one of them? Or be within 7 in the 4th?

Hope you are right...got a feeling you are dead wrong

FSU's last 10 years: 9-3, 8-5, 7-6, 7-6, 9-4, 7-6, 10-4, 9-4, 12-2, 13-0.

They have noticeably improved post-Bowden, but are they going to go 12-2 and 13-0 every single year suddenly? I doubt it. They may do it more often than not, but I think there will be some 9-4's(good but beatable) mixed in.

Clemson's last 10 years: 6-5, 8-4, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 9-5, 6-7, 10-4, 11-2, 10-2.

Their last 2 years have been their best since like the early 80's. Very good right now, but in the scheme of things they get way too much respect.

Two really strong years in a row, and suddenly these two(who were completely beatable before that) are going to unbeatable forever?

And we have legitimate great players in the NFL in Chan, Art, and Pugh.

Love all three, don't get me wrong - but none are "great" NFL players.

Chandler and Pugh have a chance to be - think Art is a solid NFL starter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom