Raftery | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Raftery

a

• b

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • c

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I liked Dickie Simpkins announcing. Yeah he made funny jokes like Fab and the Waiter, and scoop to the hoop but I loved them. They brough swag.
It had no bearing on us playing better or worse either and highlighted our players.

I find it laughable that people can stand Doris burke when one of our players makes a great play she talks about the team as a whole and like what they did was in the past and gone away and boring. Dickie got you in the action and brought you to the present moment.

Most of all though its so fun to see a tournament fairly reffed. First time in 4-5 years. I can always mute the announcers which I have done about 1/2 a dozen times the last few years, but you can't stop bad reffing. The big east ones were downright laughable. Whistling us for sliding with the guy while our opponents would handcheck with both hands not letting a guy dribble one direction. They litterally slide into our players while sliding with them while when we are sliding with them away from them we would get whistled. Downright Laughable.

Gardner won't get away with half of what he did at marquette although I do think hes a better player then given credit for and he will get a few, but our bigs defensively are far superior to Miami's and hes going to be doubled fast.

Good to see the ncaa tournament go back to what it was 10 years ago, isn't it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom