Rak and Grant deserve to start the rest of the way | Syracusefan.com

Rak and Grant deserve to start the rest of the way

djcon57

Living Legend
and Keita is the #2 guy off the bench for Rak.

I don't think Coleman should get the "Fab Melo freshman year" memorial starter mins.

It's nothing against Coleman as much as Rak, Grant, and Keita deserve to play.

I would have loved to see Coleman get some run today. Has it been discussed why he sat?

JB said he's still hurt.

Well, I certainly hope the few minutes he played in the Vt game didn't worsen his condition.

And thanks!

Uhhhh Rak's started every game the last 2 years? Why is he in the title?

These two big boyed a team that has given others huge problems on the glass. That looked bigger, longer more athletic and just swatted them left and right around the rim! Excellent performance by bith today IMO.

I am all 4 coleman or roberson getting token start only in second half for 2 minutes, grant has like 8 second half points the last 4 games vs 44 first half ones, unless grant gets it together. Thats insane.

I am all 4 coleman or roberson getting token start only in second half for 2 minutes, grant has like 8 second half points the last 4 games vs 44 first half ones, unless grant gets it together. Thats insane.
Wow that's crazy. I know he had 12/8 in the first half today and finished with 12/12. It's definitely worrisome that Grant/Fair play 40min each at this point. if it was the 2nd round of the tournament i'd understand, but JB has to give them a blow and give Roberson some run just in case

I am probably off but I would love to know the stat its definetly really lobsided. A token start to robersons D in the second half could light a fire under him if we had to without costing us serious points, but hes been great in the first since starting every game

If it ain't broke...

Honestly, I couldn't care less who starts. Getting starters minutes is different than who starts. And who cares who starts? Pointless thing to be preoccupied with, so long as we continue to play well and win.

In JB's judgement I trust.

I think it's pretty obvious who the starting line up is the rest of the season. It's working, don't change it, plus they get the large majority of game minutes. Even if Coleman is ready to go, he won't start. The longer he sits, the longer he gets our of game form (assuming he had it beforehand). The starting 5 now will be the starting 5 for rest of season. I think many/most of you would agree.

SUintheVille said:
I think it's pretty obvious who the starting line up is the rest of the season. It's working, don't change it, plus they get the large majority of game minutes. Even if Coleman is ready to go, he won't start. The longer he sits, the longer he gets our of game form (assuming he had it beforehand). The starting 5 now will be the starting 5 for rest of season. I think many/most of you would agree.

The more he sits the better out defense is. I don't have a problem if he sits the whole year, we're a better more complete team without him in. Rak and Kieta are so much better than him on defense he just isn't needed right now.

The more he sits the better out defense is. I don't have a problem if he sits the whole year, we're a better more complete team without him in. Rak and Kieta are so much better than him on defense he just isn't needed right now.

Just think: a couple of weeks ago, there was a faction of posters who wanted Keita to sit because Coleman offered more upside.

The lesson: good thing over-reactionary fans aren't coaches. Keita's contributions often can't be quantified in the box score, but he's been our best post defender for three years.

RF2044 said:
Just think: a couple of weeks ago, there was a faction of posters who wanted Keita to sit because Coleman offered more upside.

I'm not one of BMKs biggest fans, but I'd take him over Coleman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom