Rak Christmas looks sculpted like an NFL TE | Syracusefan.com

Rak Christmas looks sculpted like an NFL TE

He goes left this year as well as he goes right off the dribble. Haven' t had a big that can dribble like him in years.

And his shot is flatter and softer big improvment. 9 rebounds at halftime huge.

I love Raks year to year improvement. I'm excited to see what he can do against real centers on real teams. I think he's going to surprise. He won't be getting 15 and 16 against the better centers, but I now expect a 10 and 10.

Tweeted it earlier, but it reminds me of Rick Jackson's star turn in 2011...and its early, but Rak might even be better. It's not just the scoring and rebounding, how about that pass across the court for the assist to Cooney? Rak's added a crazy amount to his game.

Tweeted it earlier, but it reminds me of Rick Jackson's star turn in 2011...and its early, but Rak might even be better. It's not just the scoring and rebounding, how about that pass across the court for the assist to Cooney? Rak's added a crazy amount to his game.

I agree his passing out of double teams and finding the open man is great and a special skill our centers haven't really had . If we start hitting the open shot better, it will be a huge bonus to the our offense.

Not to mention he is SU's nominee for the Jay Burson award (player who seemingly has been in college for about 8 years).

Connecticuts nominee is Boatright.

10433151-standard.jpg

Rakeem January 2012 Note his arms

carleton-v-syracuse4.jpg

Rakeem November 2014 - Jimmy Fallon must approve :cool:

Nice thread! I'm really happy for Rak after seeing his apparent jump. An additional thing I like about that last picture is the emotion his teammates are showing for him. I really enjoy this group of players we currently have.

He also managed to play 33minutes without fouling out even though he was in foul trouble and the other teams strategy was obviously to get him into foul trouble and out of the game. They grabbed his arms, ran into him and often throw themselves onto the ground while trying to drag him with them.

I love Raks year to year improvement. I'm excited to see what he can do against real centers on real teams. I think he's going to surprise. He won't be getting 15 and 16 against the better centers, but I now expect a 10 and 10.
Really hope we get Texas in the Championship game of 2k at MSG. Would love to see Rak vs Ridley and McCullough vs Turner.

Sign me up as someone who can't wait to see Christmas vs the "can't miss Okafor". That is going to be one of the best one on one battles in the ACC this year. Everyone will be talking about Okafor, so more motivation for Roc to show who the real man is.

I know this will sound crazy, but I really think Rak has a chance to become one of those late 1st round/early 2nd round end of the bench bigs for an NBA team. Would love to see him carve out a Trevor Booker like career.

BlackKnight76 said:
it was a great pass but silent g's look to Cooney was better

OttoinGrotto said:
That's up there with Tuten's dunk.
I wish it caromed instead of sticking. That could've wound up anywhere

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online