Rak = Patric Young | Syracusefan.com

Rak = Patric Young

Chicago44s

2nd String
Patric Young took four years to develop into an NBA player. Could this be the same with X mas? It looks like Rak has really turned the page offensively. At least through the the 3 games thus far. Let's hope we can make the same type of run the Gators had this year.

Similar in that it took them 4 years to put it together...But Patrick Young is about twice the size as Rak

Ehh.. Young would have been a first round pick if he had gone into the draft a couple years back. He was pretty good, but a little overhyped also. His stock seemed to drop more and more as he stayed in college. But then again the draft is more about potential than anything else these days, teams would rather draft a 19 year old than a 22 year old.

I swear the first time I saw Patric Young play I thought that dude was at least 27 years old.

Similar in that it took them 4 years to put it together...But Patrick Young is about twice the size as Rak
Patric Young is listed as 249 lbs and 6'9". Christmas is listed as 250 lbs and 6'9".

Patric Young is listed as 249 lbs and 6'9". Christmas is listed as 250 lbs and 6'9".
Nevermind. I was looking at measurements from 2013. The NBA lists him as 240 now.

Young is more of a physical player than Rak. I do agree with the OP that there could be a similar story and situation with Rak. Both bright guys as well.

One game does not a season make.

I hope Rak has a better season than that. Patric Young kind of stunk at UF...

Rak isn't half as swole dude.

pduSRkd.jpg

I hope Rak has a better season than that. Patric Young kind of stunk at UF...

Me too but I am sure outsiders say Christmas stinks as well compared to his H.S. type. Young apparently was a real glue guy /hard worker and did average over 10ppg his last three years at UF. I am sure we would all sign up for this re: Rak.