Rak? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rak?

What if the gf is JLH and she will let you play with her fun bags all you want, but first you need to swear allegiance to Kutztown State ??

i can swear allegiance for a few months during the summer...

Said it plenty of times Rak decided he was leaving well before the season started. Some people can believe it or not, but that was the case. Has things changed since October, possibly, but I doubt it.

Why didn't he just leave then?

Depends on how humble he is. I don't see a humble kid in Rak but we are going to have ALOT next year. Its got to be in the back of his mind some, with dribble penetration of CJ, Ennis, Gbinije,Patterson and Dajuans offensive isolation to spell him. Not to mention his Bro Cooney shooting 3's.

I really do believe that Dajuan Keita and Rak all have different skillsets to coexist in different scenerios. Keita is the fast ground coverer. Rak is the strong hold his ground anchor defender and Dajuan will be the offensive guy that gives up some defense for offense. That means ALOT.
Even if Rak developed more of a offensive game they still would coexist for those reasons.

If one of them could even give us 5 good minutes at the 4 to start the first half they could still split 15 mpg on average. Not great but not awfull. Keita is a humble guy 15 mpg wouldn't be all that bad for him and Dajuan would be going from 21/2mpg to 15 in BE ball. Really Rak wouldn't be the one hurt by it as he could come back as a senior. But, it would be Keitas last year. I just don't know if Rak would have the humbleness in him though. He took alot of bashing at times last year.

The good thing about that picture, No MCW, but Rak was there.

But remember, they hate each other, so they can't be in the same building at the same time... :crazy:

He's also joined a fraternity and seems pretty involved.

Hopefully that adds another good reason to stay.

I don't think this is a good thing from a basketball standpoint. That's probably the last place he should be, lol.

I don't think this is a good thing from a basketball standpoint. That's probably the last place he should be, lol.

Yeah, it definitely fits with how some of us regard him. (I'll take any scenario that keeps him on campus and happy for four years, though.)

I thought AEpie was a Jewish frat? We called it AJewPie at my school.
I am an SU Alum and a former brother of AEPi at Syracuse. From what I've heard, Rak has indeed joined AEPi at 'Cuse. Also, from what I understand, his role as a brother will have zero impact on his basketball commitment . Its a win win situation for the frat and Rak: the frat can say he is a brother, and Rak can waltz into any party whenever he wants to.

I thought AEpie was a Jewish frat? We called it AJewPie at my school.

I can answer that as I was President of AEPi on the SU campus in 1979. It is a Jewish fraternity however I am not Jewish and I was elected President so that should tell you that they are not discriminatory with regard to religion. Probably the majority are Jews but certainly not all. When I was there we were probably 60/40 Jewish.

I loved my time at that fraternity and had many great Jewish and non-Jewish friends and maintain many strong friendships still.

Rak can waltz into any party whenever he wants to.
Haha well I'm pretty sure he can walk into any party at SU and do that anyway. That's cool that he joined, maybe this shows his intention to stick around 2 more years. Why join a frat if you're leaving school in 3 weeks?

I can answer that as I was President of AEPi on the SU campus in 1979. It is a Jewish fraternity however I am not Jewish and I was elected President so that should tell you that they are not discriminatory with regard to religion. Probably the majority are Jews but certainly not all. When I was there we were probably 60/40 Jewish.

I loved my time at that fraternity and had many great Jewish and non-Jewish friends and maintain many strong friendships still.
Nice. I wasn't implying it was a jewish only frat, I was just wondering if there's a frat that has a lot of athletes, or Philly frat or whatever, and thought that was a random frat to join. Who knows, maybe they throw sick parties. I went to a very liberal school and AEPie was probably 75/25 Jewish students.

Nice. I wasn't implying it was a jewish only frat, I was just wondering if there's a frat that has a lot of athletes, or Philly frat or whatever, and thought that was a random frat to join. Who knows, maybe they throw sick parties. I went to a very liberal school and AEPie was probably 75/25 Jewish students.

No worries. Just wanted to clear up that it is not unusual or unheard of for non-Jews to join "Jewish" fraternities and of course vice-versa. I am very happy as a brother to hear Rak joined us. When I was living at the old AEPi house across from Haven I used to watch Danny Schayes shooting hoops in the Sammy house right behind ours.

I am an SU Alum and a former brother of AEPi at Syracuse. From what I've heard, Rak has indeed joined AEPi at 'Cuse. Also, from what I understand, his role as a brother will have zero impact on his basketball commitment . Its a win win situation for the frat and Rak: the frat can say he is a brother, and Rak can waltz into any party whenever he wants to.

I think this is pretty much the arrangement they already had (honorary brother or whatever) so they just went ahead and made it official.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom