Rak | Syracusefan.com

Rak

AZOrange

Living Legend
God he's starting to get it...love that coach peeled the paint with him at half and he responded. There's nothing about this team I don't like. So many weapons, so smart, so unselfIsh. Were going to win it all...

Had to back the DVR up 3 times with his first shot. I was positive it was Grant. Maybe, just maybe……. Add another weapon to this arsenal for the team ….. what a year still ahead!!!
It really is a new dimension with him making plays on offense. Ennis, 0 points, 9 assists and I believe a few people were ahead of Cooney in scoring as well. Just another facet other teams have to think about, opening it up again for the guards down the road. Keep them guessing if we can work the post.

I love that Rak doesnt get down with all the yelling from JB. If he can start being a beast on both sides and has a big sr yr he has a shot to be drafted with how athletic he is and the fact he has a jumpshot that could be honed.

I had been noticing that Rak's positioning on defense and his screens on offense have been a notch or two better this year. It's nice to see him get some scoring yesterday. Even though our big men may not be offensive juggernauts it seems like all three of them have great attitudes and are eager to do the little things to help the team win.

He missed that dunk the last possession of the first half and it led to two points the other way bringing it to a 9 instead of 11 halftime lead, when all he had to do was lay it in.

I didn't mind the effort but not the right time for a missed dunk leading to a fast break the other way.

Have always loved Rak but it seems it is finally starting to click. 78% from the field, and 68% from the line, along with his excellent defense. Couldn't be happier for the kid. He is the ultimate team player, and an outstanding person in general.

orangefan13 said:
He missed that dunk the last possession of the first half and it led to two points the other way bringing it to a 9 instead of 11 halftime lead, when all he had to do was lay it in. I didn't mind the effort but not the right time for a missed dunk leading to a fast break the other way.

If he hit that he would have had his career high in points as well.

God he's starting to get it...love that coach peeled the paint with him at half and he responded. There's nothing about this team I don't like. So many weapons, so smart, so unselfIsh. Were going to win it all...

I was wondering if him knowing that DC2 was definitely sitting out made him realize he is less likely to get pulled immediately and allowed to play through mistakes and if that just allowed him to relax out there and play without always looking over his shoulder to see if a replacement is sitting at the scorers table. (could I make that one sentence longer? - sheesh - but you get what I mean).

Christmas can be a beast this year although we certainly don't need him to be. I am all for him being given more opportunities. It doesn't need to be a huge amount but even consistently getting him the ball enough to take six shots a game that are not off of his own offensive rebounds would be enough to make a difference in the way teams defended us. He really does have a nicely rounded skill set he's just not your typical back to the basket type of guy on the block. He's best at simply turning and elevating to drop it in over guys when on the block which is very successful when he does it quickly and without dribbling after receiving the entry pass.

I was wondering if him knowing that DC2 was definitely sitting out made him realize he is less likely to get pulled immediately and allowed to play through mistakes and if that just allowed him to relax out there and play without always looking over his shoulder to see if a replacement is sitting at the scorers table. (could I make that one sentence longer? - sheesh - but you get what I mean).

This. I was thinking the same thing, and I think it was a real factor. I am not a JB hater by any means, but his tight leash whenever any non star/senior makes a tiny mistake is sometimes brutal to watch. Keeps kids who need to get into the flow of the game to fix these mistakes from ever getting into the flow of the game.

Now if he had used the strategy more with Scoop, who knows how many more games we would have won...

I don't think so because as jb said he played his worst half of the year against nova...hence the paint peeling

Now if he had used the strategy more with Scoop, who knows how many more games we would have won...[/quote]

Yeah, because that Scoop kid really stunk. Very educated post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom