Rakeem Christmas | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rakeem Christmas

RaXmas looked great, just shows if we weren't so deep and he was forced to paly big minutes he would probably develop a lot faster

also shows how a young player can play when they aren't worried about the short leash

The guys on SportsCenter are saying Fab is most likely coming back, no idea how they would know but apparantly word is getting out. These 2 games are huge because a front line of Joseph/Xmas/Melo could be the only front line in the country that can match the talent of Kentucky......and we have a better backcourt.

The guys on SportsCenter are saying Fab is most likely coming back, no idea how they would know but apparantly word is getting out. These 2 games are huge because a front line of Joseph/Xmas/Melo could be the only front line in the country that can match the talent of Kentucky......and we have a better backcourt.

I hope they know something we don't, but I am not sure this is the case.

There are people who are very plugged in here who seem to feel differently; it's absolutely possible they are wrong, but it also may be that ESPN doesn't know how serious this situation is; I didn't really hear much about it over the weekend. (For example Lunardi I don't think mentioned it in having us as the #1 overall seed in bracketology).

The only one I can really remember is Jake saying it was 50/50 in the thread where a couple different posters said they heard there is a very good chance hes back.

The segment with Gottlieb they said "Were hearing its likely they will be getting Fab back"...it wasnt just some ignorant statement just assuming he will be back because they dont know about the situation.

Of course they absolutely could be ignorant...it is ESPN were talking about.

The segment with Gottlieb they said "Were hearing its likely they will be getting Fab back"...it wasnt just some ignorant statement just assuming he will be back because they dont know about the situation.

Of course they absolutely could be ignorant...it is ESPN were talking about.

For all we know, ESPN's getting that scoop from the very thread on here that made so many posters optimistic.

Regarding Christmas, he's got a ton of talent, but this was just one game. He's not suddenly head-and-shoulders better than Keita (Rakeem struggles, for example with his defensive positioning and his denial of entry passes).

Also, everyone's so down on Keita, but isn't it apparent that he's playing injured? He didn't just become a significantly worse basketball player in the past 10 months.

I don't know how apparent it is that Keita's hurt. I do know he's soft and has worse hands than my 17-month-old daughter.

the other problem with sliding rak inside is that c.j.fair (he's everywhere) is a small power forward. traditionally it's the 4 who cleans glass in the zone.( think coleman,wallace,blackwell,anthony,warrick) c.j.'s quick and elusive but the bottom line is he's about 200 pounds wet .

the other problem with sliding rak inside is that c.j.fair (he's everywhere) is a small power forward. traditionally it's the 4 who cleans glass in the zone.( think coleman,wallace,blackwell,anthony,warrick) c.j.'s quick and elusive but the bottom line is he's about 200 pounds wet .

I think a little CJ goes a long way. When he is out there too long, his limitations shine through a bit. He seems to really want to look for his offense now, which has provided mixed results, at best.

I think a little CJ goes a long way. When he is out there too long, his limitations shine through a bit. He seems to really want to look for his offense now, which has provided mixed results, at best.
funny thing about you saying this is that I think CJ has been below his average in minutes the last 2 games that he started

Was on plane to China during this game and its was the sweetest news since this whole "Fab" thing to read here how well Christmas played!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom