RAMBLERS !!! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

RAMBLERS !!!

I'm getting annoyed by these "this isn't a fluke" H0T Takes.

Could they win it all? I'm beginning to think so.
Puncher's chance only, IMO. Michigan is so big, they will probably have their way in the paint. Loyola will need to be unconscious from outside to offset that.

Hopefully either they or Texas Tech wins it all. We don’t need Michigan or Villanova winning one as they are programs that historically are on a similar level but a little behind us.

Obviously Duke and Kansas - I can’t root for.

It’s Loyola or Texas Tech.

I'm getting annoyed by these "this isn't a fluke" H0T Takes.

That's what happens when people, even the writers themselves, don't watch college basketball. It literally takes a perfect storm for this to happen. They needed to win their tournament to even get in. They won three games by last second shots. They had breaks along the way (avoiding a matchup with Arizona or Cincy in the Regional Final).

Much respect to Loyola. They have some ballers and I really enjoy the pace they play at. Add in Sista Jean and they are my pick to win it now.

That's what happens when people, even the writers themselves, don't watch college basketball. It literally takes a perfect storm for this to happen. They needed to win their tournament to even get in. They won three games by last second shots. They had breaks along the way (avoiding a matchup with Arizona or Cincy in the Regional Final).

You make it sound like the high majors don't need luck to advance in the tournament. All you have to do is look to our own history of good and bad luck to see it's not all that different. Boeheim and K both said the same in their postgame interviews too. Any team that gets to the Final Four is both good and lucky.

Never understood how playing the better team of the prior 2 was a break.

So, just to be clear, you think Richmond was a better team than us in '91? Vermont in '05? Playing MTSU instead of Sparty in '16 wasn't a break?

Kansas State is better than Kentucky? That's news to me. Just because you beat someone in a one off game, doesn't mean you're a better team than them. They got a Kansas State team that has one legit offensive weapon and if you turn them over or speed up the game on them, they could be run out of a gym. They got a Nevada team that has a six man rotation and still needed a late shot to still pull away. A number of teams benefited from Arizona and Cincinnati failing to be the teams they were all year long.

Kansas State is better than Kentucky? That's news to me. Just because you beat someone in a one off game, doesn't mean you're a better team than them. They got a Kansas State team that has one legit offensive weapon and if you turn them over or speed up the game on them, they could be run out of a gym. They got a Nevada team that has a six man rotation and still needed a late shot to still pull away. A number of teams benefited from Arizona and Cincinnati failing to be the teams they were all year long.

This year? Yes, I believe KState is better than Kentucky. Nevada was pretty good this year and isn't the only team that uses a short rotations. Let's throw in that Loyola beat Florida at Florida this season while one of their better players was injured and Custer only played part of the game due to injury. Loyola has great guards, a decent, young Center, and they are loaded with experienced players.

Oh, and Sister Jean.

Hearing Chris Webber complain that a travel isn’t called at the end of a tourney game is kind of silly.

And he never got any smarter after that, either ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom