Random thought: Kansas State 6-0 and routing WVU | Syracusefan.com

Random thought: Kansas State 6-0 and routing WVU

arbitragegls

All Conference
...I fondly remember the Pin Stripe Bowl two years ago when Coach M led 'Cuse to a victory over Kansas State. Two years later, and last year Kansas State went to another bowl, and Kansas State just well be playing for a NC...What.

The question is...what did not happen at 'Cuse. How could the team falter as badly as it has over the past two years...how did a team we beat in a bowl two years ago get so good--and just in case if you think that is not the case...IT IS. KANSAS STATE IS A VERY GOOD TEAM.

So what are your thoughts on this?

i was struck by the fact this is the 2nd straight week WVU has been hammered.
so much for the WVU bandwagon.

back to back What losses for holgersen

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

...I fondly remember the Pin Stripe Bowl two years ago when Coach M led 'Cuse to a victory over Kansas State. Two years later, and last year Kansas State went to another bowl, and Kansas State just well be playing for a NC...What.

The question is...what did not happen at 'Cuse. How could the team falter as badly as it has over the past two years...how did a team we beat in a bowl two years ago get so good--and just in case if you think that is not the case...IT IS. KANSAS STATE IS A VERY GOOD TEAM.

98.9% admission rate.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/kansas-state-university-1928

Sidenote: would love to know more about the 1.1% who didn't make the cut...

No doubt because K State can take anyone who can fog a mirror it makes a difference. They can cherry pick any juco in the country. Lots of colleges wouldn't allow those guys on campus.

The Snyder formula.

That bowl KState played in last year is the esteemed Cotton Bowl.

For one, it proves that Snyder is one of the best coaches in the history of CFB. Any remaining doubt about that fact is officially gone, and his naysayers have eaten much crow. Now, he does have a bit more flexibility in the players he can bring into KState - namely less stringent admission standards as to grades and character, whether JUCO or straight from HS. That no doubt helps. But the talent level at KState is not leaps and bounds that of SU.

Marrone is a newbie just getting his chops. Snyder was a proven A-level before his first retirement. Hopefully Doug is given the time to make his mark.

I was wondering the same thing. Whatever you say about K-State, it was the same 22 months ago.

I wouldn't mind nplaying WVA again this year.

Maybe we will. :rolleyes:

That would be fun...Wvu vs Cuse in NYC. The place would be sold out. Lots of Butt hurt 'eers.

I saw a tweet from DudeWVU and others that the admission policy at WVU is obviously too high to play the better teams in the Big 12--resubmitting to the ACC...and more importantly, FSU is now reconsidering moving to the Big 12...being near the bottom of ACC academic rating would place it near the top to the Big 12--and damn; football team probably would be killed!

I saw a tweet from DudeWVU and others that the admission policy at WVU is obviously too high to play the better teams in the Big 12--resubmitting to the ACC...and more importantly, FSU is now reconsidering moving to the Big 12...being near the bottom of ACC academic rating would place it near the top to the Big 12--and damn; football team probably would be killed!

:rolling: Did someone there really post that or are you just ing around?

Imagine a NC in which Oregon plays KSU...there is a chance if FL loses late in the season to FSU, but wins the east and then beats Alabama in the SEC Champ. game, while KSU continues dominance and OU runs the table. Could it work? Will it float?

back to back What losses for holgersen

Not sure I would consider losses to ranked teams as What losses. Losing to Akron, that that's a What loss.

There goes their chance at getting into the SEC.

Not sure I would consider losses to ranked teams as What losses. Losing to Akron, that that's a What loss.
big difference between losing and getting blown off the field in back to back weeks.

reminds me a bit of of those back to black blowouts in 93 to miami and wvu

big difference between losing and getting blown off the field in back to back weeks.

reminds me a bit of of those back to black blowouts in 93 to miami and wvu

I think that's what happens when the other team knows what you're going to do and has the players to stop it and you can not adjust to that...here comes the steamroll.

I suspect that K-State did not lose much from that Pinstripe Bowl team into the 2011 season and I'm pretty sure that Coach Snyder has brought in many high quality Jr. College transfers since that game. I was told by somebody on the staff the he brought 17 JC guys in last year. And he has done a lot of that during his time at K-State. I have also been told by a member of the staff that bringing in JCs at SU draw criticism.

And, Bill Snyder is one of only a few exceptional coaching talents.

He is truly a great coach who makes a difference. He is one of the all-time great coaches - in the history of the game.

What he did the first time around at K-State is considered the coaching job of the century.

It's too bad KState cancelled their previous commitment of playing Oregon this year but to be honest that is very Snyder to do so, he has always played a very poor OOC and that has helped KState through out the years.

It's too bad KState cancelled their previous commitment of playing Oregon this year but to be honest that is very Snyder to do so, he has always played a very poor OOC and that has helped KState through out the years.
When you play in the Big 12 and SEC...OOC games, even against the poorest teams mean little in strength of schedule...I am sure that WVU would prefer to be playing a BE schedule right now!

When you play in the Big 12 and SEC...OOC games, even against the poorest teams mean little in strength of schedule...I am sure that WVU would prefer to be playing a BE schedule right now!

First off I give the Big 12 credit for playing all 9 games but still the Big 12's best ooc win is kstate vs Miami or WV vs Maryland. I get what you're saying but how do we know how good a conference really is unless they play other AQ's? OU vs ND should be interesting and most of the Big 12 does play 10 aq's minimum but if you know Synders history he has always had a very poor ooc sos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom