Randoms | Syracusefan.com

Randoms

All4SU

Duos Cultores Scientia Coronat et Go Aureum
As a diversion to all of the coaching talk…

1) Allen had a solid game. A shame it came in an ugly loss. Good for him.

2) interesting that the QB from BC made an art of the slide before being tackled. Even in traffic, he just went down any time it looked like he might get popped. It cost us one penalty. But obviously this was by design.

3) I really disagree with those here who have suggested putting Villari back in at QB. Right now he’s the one guy who is actually helping our passing game. Have to leave him where he is - and use him more.

4) I don’t disagree with those who have suggested some Wildcat plays. Might just as well try everything.

5) Not trying to turn this into a rip on the refs post… but, we must have fewer holding penalties called in our favor than any team in FBS.

6) The play where Hatcher had the ball just taken out of his hands was obviously the critical play of the game. But the play that will forever be burned in my memory was BC converting the fake punt, and the ridiculous celebrations on the BC sideline.

7) After the game, several BC players were noticeably displaying poor sportsmanship strutting in the end zone like the co$& of the walk, running out onto the field with the BC flag - one SU player went after it and had to be pulled away, while the flag was taken away from the player by a BC assistant, and taunting SU players before going into their tunnel. I’ve always been indifferent to BC. But that was pretty classless.

8) Speaking of classless, the efforts by BC players to make it appear as though they had been pushed, or fouled or interfered with was lame. The refs should have penalized them for embellishing.

9) Someone tell our PA guy to stop pumping in music and speaking over the microphone when our team is at the line calling out a play. Seriously! At a critical point in the game, the team has to deal with that?

10) On the play where Allen made the long run in the first half, and CDRW made the key block, CDRW took a pop to the head that really looked like it should have been flagged.

11) As bad as SU was in the pass game yesterday, the defense played well, special teams did okay, and the run game was there. BC is a bad team. SU should not have lost this one.

Last edited:

2) interesting that the QB from BC made an art of the slide before being tackled. Even in traffic, he just went down any time it looked like he might get popped. It cost us one penalty. But obviously this was by design.

3) I really disagree with those here who have suggested putting Villari back in at QB. Right now he’s the one guy who is actually helping our passing game. Have to leave him where he is - and use him more.

4) I don’t disagree with those who have suggested some Wildcat plays. Might just as well try everything.

5) Not trying to turn this into a rip on the refs post… but, we must have fewer holding penalties called in our favor than any team in FBS.

6) The play where Hatcher had the ball just taken out of his hands was obviously the critical play of the game. But the play that will forever be burned in my memory was BC converting the fake punt, and the ridiculous celebrations on the BC sideline.

7) After the game, several BC players were noticeably displaying poor sportsmanship strutting in the end zone like the co$& of the walk, running out onto the field with the BC flag - one SU player went after it and had to be pulled away, while the flag was taken away from the player by a BC assistant, and taunting SU players before going into their tunnel. I’ve always been indifferent to BC. But that was pretty classless.

8) Speaking of classless, the efforts by BC players to ask it appear as if they had been pushed, or fouled or interfered with was lame. The refs should have penalized them for embellishing.

9) Someone tell our PA guy to stop pumping in music and speaking over the microphone when our team is at the line calling out a play. Seriously! At a critical point in the game, the team has to deal with that?

10) On the play where Allen made the long run in the first half, and CDRW made the key block, CDRW took a pop to the head that really looked like it should have been flagged.

11) As bad as SU was in the pass game yesterday, the defense played well, special teams did okay, and the run game was there. BC is a bad team. SU should not have lost this one.
Agree and Pitt is really bad!

Villari is exactly where he should be, he just needs far more targets. And less junk out in the flat where he has a mob of guys all over him. Get him iso situations against LBers or wheel routes.

It is definitely very disheartening to have an offensive minded HC and what is supposed to be a QB guru and creative mind at OC and see the dramatic level of drop off between our starters and 2nd unit on offense. It’s just unusual in that generally speaking we’ve recruited well enough defensively to be competitive, game in and game out even with 2nd unit players in but there’s such a glaring lack of capable players on the 2nd unit on offense.

And, if you were at the game, what is it with the voice of the young lady announcing the contests and entertainment during tv timeouts.

When she started talking it sounded like one of those handheld air horns.
She seems sweet, with a big personality. And if she was on TV she would probably do very well. But her voice doesn’t cut through the noise at high decibels. Too hard to listen to.

8) Speaking of classless, the efforts by BC players to make it appear as though they had been pushed, or fouled or interfered with was lame. The refs should have penalized them for embellishing.

Thanks for the diversion.. I know I need one.

1. Agree. LA is a warrior. I hope we can keep him in the fold.
2. The BC qb throws worse than an injured GS. Unfortunately CDRW throws worse than him.
3-5. 100% agree
6. The special team play was horrendous. That play hurt and hurt bad. We have a special team coach? ( know we do ).
7. BC players have always been punks. The Super fans are even worse. This is what makes losing to them that much harder.
8. See #7.
9. No comment. I wasn’t there.
10. That run was such a wasted opportunity. Ugh.
11. Defense yes. Special teams no way.

And, if you were at the game, what is it with the voice of the young lady announcing the contests and entertainment during tv timeouts.

When she started talking it sounded like one of those handheld air horns.
The ultimate nepotism hire Kim Infanti

She is useless in that role

Was that a designed fake punt or a bad snap? I didn’t see the replay on tv but when I saw it live it seemed like a bad snap.

She seems sweet, with a big personality. And if she was on TV she would probably do very well. But her voice doesn’t cut through the noise at high decibels. Too hard to listen to.

Who doesn’t like a sweet girl with big…. personality?

Hockey is way better since they started calling embellishing penalties, totally agree football should go the same route. It’s turning into - gasp - soccer at this point.

Who doesn’t like a sweet girl with big…. personality?

Hockey is way better since they started calling embellishing penalties, totally agree football should go the same route. It’s turning into - gasp - soccer at this point.
Hahaha facts there!

Was that a designed fake punt or a bad snap? I didn’t see the replay on tv but when I saw it live it seemed like a bad snap.
I was there, looked like a botched snap, that turned into a positive for them.

….. not to be a Debby downer but, we are worse.

Which is why this season is such a disappointing disaster -
the road was there this season for a 'just' average team to find 7-8 wins. Maybe more!!

Although at this point, I'd just assume we go ahead and lose out, so that there's zero chance Dino gets retained.

Which hurts me to say, because I do like Dino, and I want for us to go to a bowl game.
But it seems like JW won't can him until the theoretical option of a bowl game has evaporated, so...
here we are.

And it seems abundantly clear that the path forward cannot include Dino as HC anymore.

the road was there this season for a 'just' average team to find 7-8 wins. Maybe more!!

Although at this point, I'd just assume we go ahead and lose out, so that there's zero chance Dino gets retained.

Which hurts me to say, because I do like Dino, and I want for us to go to a bowl game.
But it seems like JW won't can him until the theoretical option of a bowl game has evaporated, so...
here we are.

And it seems abundantly clear that the path forward cannot include Dino as HC anymore.
The time has come, and is now gone. Albeit Dino may be a great human, he is not a great HC, and should pack up his office, sooner than later. But, it’ll either be a) at seasons end or b) after we lose to GT.
I’ve accepted the it’s time to move on role.

here we are.

I was convinced this was one of the deepest teams we’ve had in a long time. Man was I wrong!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom