Rank Syracuse, you cowards | Syracusefan.com

Rank Syracuse, you cowards

I will say, we thought the schedule would be easier this year. So far we have beaten 2 ranked teams.

Ohio 4-2
GT 5-2
UNLV 5-1

These 3 teams are for sure going bowling. UNLV and Ohio could win their conferences. NC state was ranked top 25 to start the season. Some impressive stuff no matter how frustrating the wins might have been lol

I think this Pitt game is the difference between a double digit win season or not for us. Big game

By the way, USA Today has Pitt as the 11th seed of the playoff. If we had not lost to Stanford, this could be us.
If we’re not in the playoffs then the only ACC teams in discussion should be Miami and Clemson. I’ll throw up if a team like Pitt makes it by winning a bunch of 50/50 games… because that could essentially be us.

By the way, USA Today has Pitt as the 11th seed of the playoff. If we had not lost to Stanford, this could be us.
Or… if we just beat Pitt and finish the season on a run, it still can be us.

It sucks we blew that game at home with a poor OL performance and a bad alignment/setup on 4th down. But we still control our own destiny.

Show up, play great football and keep stacking wins. Find a way to get to the ACC Title game and none of us have any idea where the season can go

We wont be ranked

Probably won't receive many votes at all

Not a lot of movement ahead of us and Army, Navy, Vandy will all get more votes

Pitt cant get in unless they beat us anyway. We might not get in going 11-1. Time will tell.

Clem/SMU can both run the table which would make it interesting if we went 11-1 because we might have a win over an 11-1 Miami team that was like #1-2 by then.

Pitt cant get in unless they beat us anyway. We might not get in going 11-1. Time will tell.

Clem/SMU can both run the table which would make it interesting if we went 11-1 because we might have a win over an 11-1 Miami team that was like #1-2 by then.

If UNLV can keep winning and be ranked again- two ranked road wins would have us actively in the discussion after Pitt. Can’t slip up after that and have to obviously get that Miami win. One game at a time.

Louisville before us... their win @ Virginia a bit more impressive. Virginia is now 2-1 in-conference like us after yesterday's loss.

NC St is now 0-3 in conference.

UVA is hard to figure out. Solid record, win over BC and then at Wake and Coastal Carolina. Nothing flashy or that stands out with them but they just hang in there and are able to win games. Lots of close games.

Their brand of football is about as equally exciting as they are in hoops

If we’re not in the playoffs then the only ACC teams in discussion should be Miami and Clemson. I’ll throw up if a team like Pitt makes it by winning a bunch of 50/50 games… because that could essentially be us.
USA Today is the only prediction that has three ACC teams in the playoff. Most systems have only one or two. Also it doesn't include Notre Dame which most systems have.

USA Today is the only prediction that has three ACC teams in the playoff. Most systems have only one or two. Also it doesn't include Notre Dame which most systems have.
Yeah the ACC isn’t getting three teams in. Maybe 2. Big 12 will have 2 at most but probably one. ND probably needs to win out and go 11-1. Then throw in your G5 team and the rest go to the two jackass conferences

I may be in the minority here but I'm not so sure we deserved to be ranked - yet. We are a good but flawed team. SU, as a team, hasnt put it all together yet. Beat Pitt and then we will be in, and deservedly so.
pretty much describes every ranked team... most just riding preseason rankings to wherever they are

SMU at Stanford is an absolute massive game this weekend. If Stanford wins, Syracuse can win out and I believe clinch a spot in ACC championship.

Yeah the ACC isn’t getting three teams in. Maybe 2. Big 12 will have 2 at most but probably one. ND probably needs to win out and go 11-1. Then throw in your G5 team and the rest go to the two jackass conferences
Are 3 loss SEC teams getting in? Ole Piss should add another and everyone expects them in. 2 loss SEC teams are complete locks.

I'm sure Big Ten gets 2 but I'm not really seeing a third. Sure Ducks/Ped St/Ohio State all are probably in as of right now but I don't think anyone else in that conference has a chance and one might drop out.

After last night's game, I continued to watch the ACC broadcast to see the Fran Brown / Kyle McCord interviews. They came on about 30-40 minutes after the game ended [post-locker room].

During that half-hour+, the broadcast team reviewed the ACC games of the day, and while they were doing so there was a display of Pitt's remaining schedule, and ESPN projected that they have a 73% chance of beating Syracuse.

Time to shock the world.

I have us between #28 and #33.

Next game, we prove what we are.
Yeah. We aren't really on anyones radar currently

As alluded above, Louisville, Army, Navy, Nebraska, and Vanderbilt are all going to get love way before we do. Those are the teams the media is in love with as plucky underdogs right now, now that Cal and others fell back to earth.

Are 3 loss SEC teams getting in? Ole Piss should add another and everyone expects them in. 2 loss SEC teams are complete locks.

I'm sure Big Ten gets 2 but I'm not really seeing a third. Sure Ducks/Ped St/Ohio State all are probably in as of right now but I don't think anyone else in that conference has a chance and one might drop out.
I would hope a 9-3 SEC team is left out, they would have to have several good wins to be considered. I think the Big 10 gets those three and the SEC gets four. I suppose one of those four could be 9-3. Ick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom