Rank Syracuse, you cowards | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rank Syracuse, you cowards

After last night's game, I continued to watch the ACC broadcast to see the Fran Brown / Kyle McCord interviews. They came on about 30-40 minutes after the game ended [post-locker room].

During that half-hour+, the broadcast team reviewed the ACC games of the day, and while they were doing so there was a display of Pitt's remaining schedule, and ESPN projected that they have a 73% chance of beating Syracuse.

Time to shock the world.
That’s cool, before the UNLV game the moronic ESPN FPI had us as an underdog in every remaining game, I believe U Conn included. Two wins later, I will see the ESPN FPI in hell

I may be in the minority here but I'm not so sure we deserved to be ranked - yet. We are a good but flawed team. SU, as a team, hasnt put it all together yet. Beat Pitt and then we will be in, and deservedly so.
This is where I am too. We had a good chance and stumbled against Stanford. Got to climb that hill again and prove ourselves. Of course lots of teams get ranked who haven’t proven themselves, so why not us? Still, Beat Pitt.

After last night's game, I continued to watch the ACC broadcast to see the Fran Brown / Kyle McCord interviews. They came on about 30-40 minutes after the game ended [post-locker room].

During that half-hour+, the broadcast team reviewed the ACC games of the day, and while they were doing so there was a display of Pitt's remaining schedule, and ESPN projected that they have a 73% chance of beating Syracuse.

Time to shock the world.
Yeah, if I remember that graphic, Pitt had a better chance of beating us than any other team remaining on their schedule.

you go thru the schedules after this next week

Neb-Ind
Tenn-Ala one of themn will be at 2 losses
Ark might beat LSU
IF Tex wins Ga is at 2 losses
WV could beat KSU

Ala has Tenn/Mizzu/LSU but OK looks dead
A&M has LSU Scar and tex
Ga has TEx/Ole Miss/Tenn
Tenn has Al/Ga

Hard to see any of them end up with only 1 losse

Could well have 12-0 tex all the rest with 2 losses and one of them play Tex and get a 3rd if Tex runs the table.

The issue is they get credit for beating teams that really for the most part have only beat themselves and looked bad in several games.

That’s cool, before the UNLV game the moronic ESPN FPI had us as an underdog in every remaining game, I believe U Conn included. Two wins later, I will see the ESPN FPI in hell
FPI has us ranked 62(down a few), with a .5% chance of making the playoff. 7 predicted wins.

The narrative doesn't change, unless we beat Pitt.

I may be in the minority here but I'm not so sure we deserved to be ranked - yet. We are a good but flawed team. SU, as a team, hasnt put it all together yet. Beat Pitt and then we will be in, and deservedly so.
You are not. Based on 90% of prior seasons, Cuse falls apart in late October and November. I think Pitt is a loss. VT killed Stanford at Stanford. BC will be tough. This Cuse team hasn’t beaten anyone of the top teams in the league. I still think they win 7. Unconn, and one of Pitt, VT, At Cal, at BC. NC state is really bad. I’m taking one of the two worst ACC teams.

FPI has us ranked 62(down a few), with a .5% chance of making the playoff. 7 predicted wins.

The narrative doesn't change, unless we beat Pitt.
The FPI SoS is weird

We have something like 102 or 103 ranked SoS but we beat at kickoff time a ranked GaTech and UNLV (road), plus conference foe NC State (road), and potential MAC winner Ohio(4-2)

Our future SoS is 37 or 38

Being dead last in specials and towards the bottom on D (according to them) drags us down big time.

The FPI SoS is weird

We have something like 102 or 103 ranked SoS but we beat at kickoff time a ranked GaTech and UNLV (road), plus conference foe NC State (road), and potential MAC winner Ohio(4-2)

Our future SoS is 37 or 38

Being dead last in specials and towards the bottom on D (according to them) drags us down big time.
I don't know how it calculates the ratings, but apparently it doesn't factor in wins and losses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom