Rank the ACC's stadiums/venues | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rank the ACC's stadiums/venues

My rankings to the stadiums I've been to:

1. Clemson (classic Southern college town, stadium and environment)
Big Drop and the next group are all about the same
2a. FSU (large stadium with marvelous pregame event of throwing the spear, lots of T-shirt fans is a downer)
2b. Wake Forest (easiest stadium to tailgate at...reminds me of a large TX HS stadium, decent fans)
2c. UNC (setting is gorgeous, home town fans harmless)
2d. UVA (beautiful stadium, sun dresses and preps, parking sucks for visitors--long walk)
Drop
3a. NCSt (Decent larger stadium filled with mostly sullen folks)
3b. Cuse (great campus setting, horrible tailgating, weak crowds in a bubble) (Cuse could elevate to 2a or b with reno and 45k+)
Drop
4. Pitt (NFL stadium and spartan crowds) (Pitt could elevate to 2e with 50k actual fans in the seats)

68. UConn (ugly fans in boring stadium, easy tailgating)
69. Rutgirls (the worst...)

At least we're not ugly

Speak for yourself
Forever_Alone.png

2a. FSU (large stadium with marvelous pregame event of throwing the spear, lots of T-shirt fans is a downer)
2b. Wake Forest (easiest stadium to tailgate at...reminds me of a large TX HS stadium, decent fans)
2d. UVA (beautiful stadium, sun dresses and preps, parking sucks for visitors--long walk)
Drop
3b. Cuse (great campus setting, horrible tailgating, weak crowds in a bubble) (Cuse could elevate to 2a or b with reno and 45k+)
Drop
4. Pitt (NFL stadium and spartan crowds) (Pitt could elevate to 2e with 50k actual fans in the seats)

Rutgers has that nice grass field with a park house. Wasn't bad

People barely talked at State... maybe they cannot. Strange place
Exactly...when I was there in '13 they had absolutely no interest in interacting...not even to give us good-natured smack. It is a strange environment.

Exactly...when I was there in '13 they had absolutely no interest in interacting...not even to give us good-natured smack. It is a strange environment.
Cowards

Been to Heinz, Virginia, and Death Valley

I'd rank those three

Death Valley
Virginia
Heinz

Heinz just doesn't feel right for sPitt. Virginia has a beautiful campus and stadium but atmosphere wasn't that great. Clemson atmosphere and stadium/campus both great. i think Virginia stadium was "nicer" than the dome, but the Dome is much louder.

Elitist, you have a problem with tailgating next to the cattle barn with Wolf Pack creatures?
Wait - why are they keeping wolves in a cattle barn? Doesn't sound like a fair matchup.

UVa Non-heavy hitter donors know your foot pain all too well, Mark. Unfortunately for them, they don't get to get themselves in the proper mood to walk it with a couple of Utica Clubs. ;)

Last edited:

Drop
Drop

Lol about Scott Stadium. Strong Stepford vibe there with the students dressed so nicely and the stadium so quaint looking. Then when they score, everyone sings Auld Lang Syne. Where is Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed?

Going to a game there is like going to back to 1954. Nice. Enjoyable. And just a little creepy.

Excited to see Miami's renovated stadium in October. New independently supported EFTE roof, sound familiar? Theirs has a much different purpose and has a hole in the center, but still very needed and welcomed.

Pretty sure the U's attendance was way up this year

I sure hope that TexanMark updates his blog of all of the ACC towns. It's a great resource but hasn't been updated since January 2015.

It pains me to say this but I have been to Rutgers twice. Even though it's an erector set stadium it was always a good experience minus no beer. Tailgating is right at the base of the stadium, has good sight lines. Has the huge screen in the end zone. Minus the outside erector set exterior its not a bad venue and i hate erector set stadiums.

It pains me to say this but I have been to Rutgers twice. Even though it's an erector set stadium it was always a good experience minus no beer. Tailgating is right at the base of the stadium, has good sight lines. Has the huge screen in the end zone. Minus the outside erector set exterior its not a bad venue and i hate erector set stadiums.
Seriously, it isn't horrible as stadiums go...what makes it horrible is it is filled with Rutgers Fans

And a bunch of them left to drink at halftime and never came back even though the stadium allowed re-entry. That was a weird day and environment but I'm glad we beat them. It looks like an awesome place to see a game when State fans are engaged but that was early in the Doeren era and they turned on their own team.

Seriously, it isn't horrible as stadiums go...what makes it horrible is it is filled with Rutgers Fans
The air guitar for every first down was the most pathetic thing I have ever seen.

I have been to 8 of the ACC stadiums. Throw in the old orange bowl and it is 9. Clemson is great, fans are great there, you can go on the field after the game and the players are off it. GT small great viewing. Hard rock. You can buy beer and it is a pro stadium so buy club seats so you can get inside to bar areas. Much better since the remodeling. FSU. Screw fsu fans. Same goes for VT and Louisville.

Eww...it must smell and a strange mist must rise from the stadium. And the confusion in the parking lot after the game trying to figure out which IROC-Z is which has to be a riot.

Filled with fans, maybe, but not filled with Rutgers fans. Since they joined the B1G, chances are that a good portion of those are visitors (PSU, Michigan, OSU...)

Filled with fans, maybe, but not filled with Rutgers fans. Since they joined the B1G, chances are that a good portion of those are visitors (PSU, Michigan, OSU...)
Oh, and after halftime the chances are excellent that the visitors outnumber Rutgers fans...

We're fortunate enough to belong to a large, competitive, and ever improving football conference. Each year allows fans to travel all over the Atlantic and East to tailgate and watch football.

As a Syracuse fan, including the Dome, where do these venues rank?

What would your ACC stadium/venue rankings be?

Top Tier

1. Clemson Memorial Stadium
2. Florida State Doak Campbell
3. VT Lane Stadium

Middle Top

4. Louisville Papa Johns
5. Virginia Scott Stadium
6. NC St. Carter Finley

Middle

7. G Tech Bobby Dodd
8. Syracuse Carrier Dome
9. UNC Kenan Memorial

Lower Middle

10. Pitt Heinz
11. U Hard Rock
12. Wake BB&T

Bottom

13. Duke Wallace Wade
14. BC Alumni
I may be biased, but I fell in love w/ the Done the first time I stepped foot in it, and I haven't stopped loving it since.

It's the only stadium that I've ever seen where every seat has a great view and the weather is always perfect.