2.@L’Ville
3.Uva
4.@Miami
5.NC
6.Clemson
7.@BC
8.NCST
9.Wake

We can win 5-9 and still lose 1-4 and be right there!

I’m ready to discuss

in calendar year 2018 we are 3-5. the 3 teams we've beaten (pitt2x) are 3-26 in conference.
next 5 games the teams we face are 28-19.

(re post from thurs.)

The scary thing is there are no games left in which we would be overwhelming favorites. We already lost to your #9.

The scary thing is there are no games left in which we would be overwhelming favorites. We already lost to your #9.

Well, considering how underwhelming the team is this year, the only thing 'overwhelming' is just how anemic our offense is and has been for sometime. ;)

Before the season, I said that if we had a winning record I'd be happy.

I stand by this feeling
Yup. The goal is to keep the winning season streak alive. We should have a counter at the top. Anyone thinking this is an NCAA team is punch drunk. Might not even be an NIT team. LOOK AT THE REMAINING GAMES!!!

Before the season, I said that if we had a winning record I'd be happy.

I stand by this feeling
How does that make you happy? I guess I wish I had such incredibly low expectations for Syracuse Basketball.

Sorry, I knew this year would be a struggle but there's no grace period from me when we didn't make the tourney last year either.

How does that make you happy? I guess I wish I had such incredibly low expectations for Syracuse Basketball.

Sorry, I knew this year would be a struggle but there's no grace period from me when we didn't make the tourney last year either.

This. It grinds my gears when I read people will "just be happy with a winning record" we're Syracuse, that's not good enough. No matter what expectations and reality is. Would i prefer we keep the winning season streak alive? Of course. Would just doing that make me happy? Hell no!

This. It grinds my gears when I read people will "just be happy with a winning record" we're Syracuse, that's not good enough. No matter what expectations and reality is. Would i prefer we keep the winning season streak alive? Of course. Would just doing that make me happy? Hell no!

So we shouldn't root for a "winning record"? Sometimes you have to reset your expectations once reality kicks in. The reality is that we are not a very good team this season. Given the roster we have and where we are at this point, I'll be happy if we finish with a winning record and keep that streak alive. I would like to make the tournament and while that may still be a theoretical possibility, I don't see it as a realistic possibility given the likely outcome of the games in front of us viewed through the lens of what this team has done to date.

Am I happy that we are looking at another non-NCAA year and hoping for .500 rather than a conference championship? Absolutely not!! But not much that can be done about it at this point. I think next year is a HUGE year for JB and the program. Given all that has happened with sanctions etc., I think it is fair to give JB a little bit more slack. I don't think anyone else gets a much better result from this group this year and I feel like he has the roster composition headed back in the right direction. That said, this can quickly go from a situation where we have a perennial winning program to a perennial mediocre bottom dweller. For me, next year is the litmus test. If we don't have a significantly better result, I think it will be time to go in another direction before we end up like the football program and in a hole that often times appears to be too deep to climb out of.

I don't see winning any road game, not even BC. Looks like home games against Wake and NC State might be about it ... unless we can steal one. Wish I could be more optimistic but not based on our play lately.

Yup. The goal is to keep the winning season streak alive. We should have a counter at the top. Anyone thinking this is an NCAA team is punch drunk. Might not even be an NIT team. LOOK AT THE REMAINING GAMES!!!
Sober and I still think we have a chance to dance. At worst we are a NIT team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom