Rate your spouse / SO | Syracusefan.com

Rate your spouse / SO

Toga

Living Legend
On a scale of 1-10, how great a spouse or significant other do you have when it comes to SU sports?

I'll start - 9.2 (she likes Roy Williams and Carolina for some reason I don't understand - otherwise we might be looking at a perfect score)

10...my fiance is an Iowa Hawkeye season ticket holder and refuses to plan our wedding anywhere near college football season. It was also her idea for me to fly to NY for Duke at Cuse hoops for my bachelor party. She is pretty legit.

Although she is brainwashing my daughter (from another mother). We were watching a Cuse hoops game this year (she is 3, doesnt watch for too long) and I yell out "GO 'Cuse" to which she would always respond in kind...this time she said "No Daddy, Go Hawks". prominant chuckles from My fiance and her 13 year old daughter. I about lost my mind. I feel that is going to be an ongoing battle.

my wife gets a 10 for sure. Anyone who knows me is amazed that this woman is still with me, lol.

The only issue came after the Great Christmas Episode of 2010. Everything I got her was orange. I have a picture of her in a head to toe orange outfit lol. If I didnt also get her a pair of uggs, she prolly would have left me. I'm not allowed to get her anything sports related any more

On a scale of 1-10, how great a spouse or significant other do you have when it comes to SU sports?

I'll start - 9.2 (she likes Roy Williams and Carolina for some reason I don't understand - otherwise we might be looking at a perfect score)
despite my little bit of folly above (or below) she a 9.9. She'll go to hoops games, cooks tons of food for our FINE MESS tailgates and helps me during them when I'm head chef and generally lets me do my thing in season, this with little to no hassle. The .1 is left off cuz she's not interested in actually going to the football games. But hey that gives us our solo time so it's all good. Like all4 the second time the charm for me. (and the part about the SU T-shirt is true, finally got her adorned in SU garb and in turn she has the dogs suited up too - its all good).

My wife went to McGill and hangs out all day with other artists who for the most part could care less about sports. Her parents are Ukrainian immigrant academic types who never got in to sports in the US aside from the occasional bulls game. Given that background I gotta count myself pretty lucky that she A. decided we should drive down last minute for the final 4 this spring; B. Is excited for our 7 hour road trips to Syracuse for the football games this fall; C. encourages me to go drinking with my alumni friends on game days but likes me to text her updates with the score; D. Gets pissed when people on TV say not nice things about Coach Boeheim E. Has developed a surprising affinity for the rules of the game (especially basketball) and loves to point out when the refs make the wrong calls that go against us.

Overall - 7.5; but giving her some affirmative action for the lack of an upbringing having any sort of a focus on sports - gotta bump it up to 9.

edit- I save my 10's for my post chat reviews of online chat reps at bank of america - top notch folks over there.

10. She let's me go to any game that I really want to, she went to the dome for a game with me when she was 5 or 6 months pregant, we watched a Syracuse football game from bed on our honeymoon, and she's way too good looking for me and looks good in orange.

10. My girl is a George Mason alum so all she cared about pre-me was Mason basketball. She's been indoctrinated in Cuse football since we've met. Got her some Cuse gear, took her to the Pinstripe Bowl, met the family (all hardcore cuse fans including 3 alums). She says I could have a worse obsession.

I give my wife a 9. She has gotten angry with me before because I COULDN'T get tickets to midnight madness. But that's obviously not the deduction. The deduction comes from the 6 overtime game where I screamed more than a few times at the tv well after she hit the sack. She told me to shut up... some nerve.

I give my wife a 9. She has gotten angry with me before because I COULDN'T get tickets to midnight madness. But that's obviously not the deduction. The deduction comes from the 6 overtime game where I screamed more than a few times at the tv well after she hit the sack. She told me to shut up... some nerve.
Oh and she doesn't like football at all, but never stops me from enjoying it.

10, because she helps me to understand that sports are not the most important thing in life.

OH HELL YEAH I WENT THERE

I will give my wife an 8. She is a diehard Orange hoops fan, but she doesn't like football at all unless she wants to nap on the couch...she likes golf for the same reason as well. I was able to get her to join me for 2 years of football season tix but she only liked the tailgating cause she thought the games were too long haha. The ONLY reason she doesnt get a 10 is because she doesnt understand why people go to away games and spend so much money, EVEN THOUGH our first good date was staying in Manhattan for the Big East Tournament for 4 days during the 6 overtime game.

I give her a 9. She lets me watch on tv whenever we're on and she lets me leave town to go to SU games from time to time. She's also an SU fan, just not to the extent I am. I have to knock her down because she doesn't understand that I want to watch a game all the way to the end, even if SU is losing big (examples, the SU vs Pitt HC drubbing in '02 that I insisted on staying until the end).

10, my Fiance wasn't a big Syracuse fan when I first met her and to be honest knew next to nothing about football. Between Syracuse and Bills football games she asked me about a 1000 questions and is know extremely knowledgeable about football and the rules, though she does still have the occassional question.

Our first year together I think I took her to two games and she watched the rest from home while I was at the dome. The next year she bought season tickets to be near me and least year she finally got the seat next to me. She also loves to watch and go to bball games and is now even a Syracuse lacrosse fan. She goes to all the away games I make and has been two both pinstripe bowls and now both Metlife games. She is now a boneafide Syacuse fan, when i was lucky enough to get courtside seats this past season (due to the generosity of a certain board legend) she was somehow more excited then I was if that is possible.

To top it off she can deal with me when Syracuse is losing and I have a one sided yelling match with TV. Any girl that can put up with that is a ten.

10, she knows the passion my boys and I have for SU sports. She even went on covert ops with some members of this board and arranged Pinstripe tix last year for my Xmas gift. Not only that, she has changed more diapers in the Dome than anyone I know, when we were indoctrinating little oranges.a keeper.

10, my Fiance wasn't a big Syracuse fan when I first met her and to be honest knew next to nothing about football. Between Syracuse and Bills football games she asked me about a 1000 questions and is know extremely knowledgeable about football and the rules, though she does still have the occassional question.

Our first year together I think I took her to two games and she watched the rest from home while I was at the dome. The next year she bought season tickets to be near me and least year she finally got the seat next to me. She also loves to watch and go to bball games and is now even a Syracuse lacrosse fan. She goes to all the away games I make and has been two both pinstripe bowls and now both Metlife games. She is now a boneafide Syacuse fan, when i was lucky enough to get courtside seats this past season (due to the generosity of a certain board legend) she was somehow more excited then I was if that is possible.

To top it off she can deal with me when Syracuse is losing and I have a one sided yelling match with TV. Any girl that can put up with that is a ten.
that's awesome bro. Can vouch first hand your lady is the bomb. You guys have a match made in SU heaven...

And LOL on the yelling at the TV part. She calls it my alter ego side as it's the only time I go that nuts.

that's awesome bro. Can vouch first hand your lady is the bomb. You guys have a match made in SU heaven...

And LOL on the yelling at the TV part. She calls it my alter ego side as it's the only time I go that nuts.

Thanks man, I forgot to add she is totally into the tailgates and loves making different foods and stuff for us to eat. The only downside is the TV part, she doesnt like it when I flip out and yell and says she hates when SU loses because depending on the game I can be in a bad mood for hours. She is allready planning some stuff for the home tailgates and has a few ideas for food on Saturday.